4.3

•- Austin Wood -•

I'll admit that I'm absolutely no help. As much as I loved my job, and enjoyed the cleanliness, or my version of such, I just sat back in my office watching Lainey as she pulled every disorganized folder from my filing cabinet.

If only she knew it was indeed organized to to the best of my ability prior to this afternoon. That was the perk of Eric and Chris holding the extra key to my apartment. Obviously I had my reasons for them to have easy access to my apartment, but disorganizing was the last thing I'd ever thought to have them do. If they did so little as touch my home office, I'd probably dismember them entirely.

"How did you function with such a terrible system?" Lainey asks, tilting her head in my direction.

I throw my arms around my shoulders and kick my feet to the coffee table in front of me. "It's functional, that's all that matters," I say, trying not to give away too much about my cheating this morning.

She sighs and I watch her pull her blazer from her arms as she gets too into her work.

"Damn," I smile, "You Keep undressing And I'll let you clean my entire house naked if it means I get to see you," I state, trying to sound as much of a douche as I could for humor.

Lainey turns with her eyes narrowed as she lifts her middle finger in my direction. I gasp, covering my hand with my chest. "All you have to do is tell me when and where Lainey Bennett."

She rolls her eyes as she gets back to work and I realized I exhausted all my way too dick commentary to her actions.

I push off the couch once the realization that her attention would be elsewhere for a longer period of time that originally expected.

The sudden grumble in my stomach led me to the kitchen. I wasn't one to cook anything extreme, and I most definitely couldn't even make something so simple as Kraft's Mac and Cheese.

I was in search of edible food that could sustain my hunger and hopefully feed Lainey as well. I wasn't so much of a bitch that I'd leave her to starve.

It would be a very awkward conversation with authorities I might add.

I'd rummaged thought he entirety of my cabinets as well as the refrigerator, but I'd eaten all the food Eric and Chris had brought over after New Year's.

The only edible thing in this apartment, was absolutely busy and I had no intentions of breaking her concentration.

Giving up, I grab the paper secured to my refrigerator with a magnet holding the numbers of the closest restaurants that deliver so my ass wouldn't have to leave the apartment.

"Hey, baby," I call out as my eyes scan the many restaurants written on the sheet of laminated paper in front of me, "What do you want for dinner?"

She doesn't respond but I can hear her bare feet pad against the wooden floor and she makes her energetically excited entrance.

Whatever we were doing, whatever was happening between us, I didn't want this game of house to end. It was horrifying to me. I'd always been a man of my word, and every time I allowed her in my apartment, every time I craved her to be here, I was worsening the undeniable pull between the two of us.

But I wanted to live this out as long as I could. God knows I'd be the center of our downfall. All I could do was sit and wait for it o happen.

"What's on the menu?" She asks as she rests her palms flat on the island and stands on her tip toes to look at the laminated sheet in my hand.