Chapter Five : Remembrance

When Harry had dismissed his court for the lunch hour, he turned to Liam and asked him to walk with him to his chambers. He had announced that his imminent decision would be told as soon as the evening sun is out of sight in reference to his adherence or aversion to choosing an Omega mate.

While they sauntered through the scintillating palace of Mischelin, Harry stilled near one of the so many extended balconies carved in the intricacy of the architecture and sat on the stone benches which gentled them with the breeze.

"I wanted to ask you something Liam," he revealed to him, as they strolled through the vibrant hallways.

"Do ask, Your Highness."

"As a friend."

"Ask away, Harry." He amended which made a grin surface on the fellow Alpha's lips.

"How does an Alpha-Omega bond work?" He questioned and subsequently said, "Not the basics of protecting each other and things we are taught by tutors. How deep does it run?"

"Harry, firstly," he started, "remember one thing, the Alpha doesn't choose the Omega, the Omega chooses the Alpha. The Omega knows before the Alpha." He reminded him and continued to educate the Emperor on the subject at hand, "Once the bond is made, if your affections to one another are deep enough, you'll be able to feel each other's emotions through it. It's something inexplicable."

"As an Alpha, we are supposed to cherish and love them, I'm not worried about that particular detail at all," he admonished, "what I am certainly worried about is your anger and your so very favourite hobby of pushing away everyone you love."

"Haz, Louis is the perfect Omega for you. He is capable, intelligent, well versed in battle strategy and every other attribute you could want but he has a limitation too." Liam revealed and built upon it. "Could you just imagine what Louis had to go through to ensure that his gender wouldn't be revealed at all?!"

"The type of Alphas he has had to face in the past to literally kill his instincts of nurturing?" He trailed on, "Omegas can't kill Harry, they find it exceptionally hard to do so because they are life givers. A few of them can suppress the guilt they feel in the aftermath like Niall but not many." Liam poured his knowledge, as they passed through the twisted staircase with every soldier stationed to protect them, moving out of their way in respect. "I really think Louis trained himself to grow immune and that's harmful."

"Don't become the Alpha who forced him to do this, Harry," Liam said placing his hand on his shoulder. "He'll do anything for you, can't you let your walls down while you're dealing with him?

"And," he suddenly inserted, "the court won't be pleased with your decision with Louis, the public might be enthralled but not the courtiers."

"I am aware of that factor," Harry finally said something, "but I can't consider anybody my omega except for him."

"I think I realised that when you changed the Capitol from Demis to Mischelin for him," Liam smiled, halting at the balcony, inhaling the memories of regret and revelation.

Moonlight rolled in through the windows while the stars peered shyly at the barely covered bodies of the Alpha and his lover clung to each other as though, they'd be separated any minute. Their brush of passion had receded leaving only the remnants of light touches and caressing of skin while their heartbeats synced with one another, as they gently breathed each other's presences with all the might they had. Moving closer to the Alpha's warmth, Louis placed his head on his chest, draping his arms around his torso, making Harry chuckle at the sudden display of tenacity. "Missed me too much?"

"You have no idea." He said, kissing his fingers. Four years since Louis had met the man who's embrace, he basked himself in and two weeks since he had been cured of the terrible attack on his person by one particular assassin who was killed after extracting information, courtesy, Louis Tomlinson.

"I wanted to tell you something," Louis began while he traced gentle patterns on Harry's naked chest

"Go on." Harry permitted, raking his fingertips on his Beta's scalp.

"I love you." Louis put it out in the open an quickly got up to see the Emperor's face. "And I want you to listen to me before you tell me anything."

Harry controlled the emotions which were threatening to melt into his face but he nodded his head and listened to the man's face which hovered above his, although his attention was focussed on those flushed pink lips which were not very a few minutes ago eliciting pleasure from his cock, "I don't want you to change your priorities because of my declaration. Nothing has changed between us, you're still married and I'm still a confident nothing more than who you sleep with."

"I don't expect anything in return. We go about our lives as we did before, it's just that, I wanted you to know." He put it out, gently playing with his curls, "Don't do anything about it but I want you to know that I'd do anything and everything in my power for you, yeah?"

"All right." He nodded and manoeuvred him back into his arms where Louis snuggled in and laid down, allowing the waters of slumber to drown in.

"How do you expect me not to do anything about it?" He whispered in disappointment, "I am sorry Lou. I really am, I'm sorry I have to keep you like a forbidden secret, forgive me for it."