chapter six: hangin' around

We walked in the store and the worker greeted  us. I knew her.

"Uh, Bella, since when were you friends with Tom Holland." She giggles and I laughed.

"My dad signed me up for his movie so now we're co-stars just hangin' around." I said and she nodded. I headed over to the bathing suit section and Tom went over to the male one.

I saw a red one piece, with white outline. I pulled it off it's hanger and went to try it on, and it fit like a glove.

It outlined my curves and my shapes, so I knew it was a keeper. I headed out and saw Tom making his way over here so I quickly paid for the suit, just because I knew he would try to.

He came over with his suit and tried to check out.

"Where's yours?" He whispered.

"I already got it, don't worry." I said and he rolled his eyes at the fact that he didn't get to be polite.

He finished helping out and we headed over to Zuma Beach, my favorite.

"Can you surf?" I asked him.

"Okay, I guess." He sighed.

"Well then you're about to get beat!" I said as we pulled in.

I went over to the bathrooms and changed, and he did the same. I walked out and he was leaning against his car, looked at the beach.

It gave me a second to look at his back muscles. The more I realized it, he was really muscular. He must work out, like, a lot.

"Should I just put my clothes in the car?" I asked and he turned around, his breath hitching at my bathing suit.

"Cat got your tongue?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, just put it in the car." He nodded and I did so.

We went to rent some surf boards and I headed towards the water. The tide looked nice for surfing.

"Ready?" I asked him as we paddled our on our stomachs.

"I'll probably wipe out until I get comfortable, but I'll watch you go first." He smiled sheepishly and I laughed.

"If you insist, spider boy." I said and swam towards the approaching wave.

It was gigantic, but water had never scared me. I paddled and quickly stood up on my board, the surf board quickly beginning to glide.

The wave began to fold over me so I went towards the end of it and only slightly wiped out.

The water flipped me over as the band that connected my foot to the board pulled. I came up to the surface with my board.

"That was so good! You must do this a lot." Tom complimented. He was a real charmer, and I'd have to get used to that if I didn't want to catch feelings.

"Yeah, this beach is my favorite. Now lets go together. See the wave north west?" I pointed to it and he nodded as we paddled toward it quickly.

He followed my steps as we got closer, we both stood up and let the board carry us. We laughed at the wipe out since it was pretty bad for both of us.

"That was great." He laughed and we caught our breath.

"Yeah, you're pretty good yourself!" I sighed as I caught my breath and we walked to shore.

Eventually we had to give the boards back since other people wanted to rent them, but we still went back into the ocean.

I spotted a familiar face, a friend of mine. He was a california surfer boy, with long blond hair and pearly whites. He used to (he might still) have a big crush on me.

"Sammy!" I yelled and he looked over from heading into the water with his board.

I waved and smiled and he walked over (even though the water made it slow).

"Hey, how you been?" He said and gave me a side hug, smiling at Tom. Tom returned it suspiciously.

"I've been good." I said back to him.

"I never got to wish you happy birthday! How does it feel to be able to drink alcohol legally now?" He winked and Tom and I laughed a little bit.

"It's nice, thank you." I said and smiled.

"Wait, you're Tom Holland, right?" He turned towards Tom who nodded and smiled.

"Damn! My brothers a big fan of Spider-man. He's so excited for the movie." Sam said.

"That's so cool! Tell him I said hi, I guess." Tom said with an awkward smile.

Why were they being so damn awkward?

"So why are you guys hanging out? I mean, like, no offense, but you're a freakin' movie. star." He said and gestures towards us.

"I will be soon. I'm the new co-star and we just wanted to hang out, I guess." I said and Sam nodded.

We said our goodbyes and Tom seemed more relaxed once he left. Boys are weird, and that's all I gotta say.

"How far can you go until you can't touch?" He asked and I sighed, walking towards the water.

We kept walking and it was only up to his mid chest when all I had up was my head.

"I usually don't go out any farther unless it's on a surfboard." I said quietly and sassily and he laughed.

"Shut it! You're not even that tall!" I said and shoved him.

"Fine, then lets go deeper." He said. I winked at him.

"You are so dirty minded." He nodded his head and I laughed.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and started walking until it was up to his head. If I wasn't holding on to him, I'd be underwater.