014

Percy Flynn

Being alone in the car left me with some alone time with my phone. First off, I changed my relationship status on social media — I can't believe I forgot to do that all this while — then I proceeded to un-follow Janis everywhere. I replied to some text mum and James sent me since God knows when and blocked Janis from my accounts. And then came the hard part of deleting our memories.

We dated for a really long time and I was sure the pictures on my phone were nothing compared to the once on hers even though they were much. Pictures of us at parties, pictures of us at the beach, pictures of us at the animal shelter — that almost brought a smile to my face. That's one thing about Janis; we both shared a love for puppies, especially strays. In fact, we shared a lot of things in common, everything I liked she did too and everything she liked, I did too. We were the perfect pair, I guess it's no surprise we were over now. Perfect doesn't cut it, that's if perfect even exists.

The picture I was looking at now was of Janis and I with wide grins on our faces and pup pit-bull between us. At the time this picture was taken, I could've sworn I loved her. I remember using this as my wallpaper for about a month or so. I also remember thinking – gosh, I might marry this girl.

Delete.

Unfortunately that's just the harsh reality of life, the people we thought we'll spend our lives with end up jumping off the train midway and those we thought we'd remain enemies with forever, we end up lending them a hand as they get into the train. For example, Spencer freaking Caldwell Tracey.

I smiled to myself, deleting the pictures in groups and pairs. I didn't know what's wrong with me, I couldn't believe I actually went ahead and opened the door for Spencer like I'm trying to woo him or something. I know, chivalry this, chivalry that but I only do that for girls, not boys. Who does that? I almost made a fool of myself. Then there's my jealousy with his little blond friend, that's just a topic I'd rather not go into now.

I was actually looking forward to spending time with Spencer, I think the appropriate thing to say is – I couldn't wait!

I got out of the car, shutting the door and looking around. Spencer was no show yet and I was in the mood to get a new selfie to replace some deleted once. I backed the hospital, raising my phone up above me..

"God, I look like a total girl," I grumbled to myself smiling as I went through the recently taken pictures. On the last one, I saw a small familiar figure at the background. As suspected when I turned around, I saw Spencer walking towards the car. He had his hands folded tightly in front of him and his steps were slow and calculative, like if he took his eyes away from the ground for a second, he'd fall.

I immediately knew something was wrong and I threw my phone into the car, walking on to meet him. "Spencer?" He didn't reply, he was close but he didn't hear me. I stopped walking, standing on his path and soon enough, he bumped into me.

"I'm sorry, I did--" he started distractedly but stopped when he saw it was me. His eyes were pooled with tears and his lips were wobbling a bit. "Hey," He breathed out.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my heart thudding in a scary way.

He shook his head, blinking back the tears. "Nothing."

"How's your mum?" I carefully asked.

He smiled. "She's fine, it's just always so hard seeing her in there."

I nodded, hand still on his shoulder as we started walking back to the car. I could only imagine how hard it must be for him. "I hope you gave her a kiss for me?"