Prologue

"The Vincent's

The great Darius Vincent was one of the first werewolves to exist. He was among the few others that suffered with what was considered a curse by the humans or a genetically twisted body mutation.

 There were five other males accompanying Darius in those times, yet Darius was bigger, stronger and more powerful than the others. 

The humans used the six men in wars since even in human form they were incredibly strong, keeping them as their secret weapons and in return their secret would be kept and their bastard lives spared. However, while the other wolves died in battles with multiple stab wounds, and other serious injuries, Darius endured them all with incredible healing.

Darius realized his strength, and as more of his kind popped up he realized that he was no mistake or deformity, none of them were, and instead of being scorned and ill-treated by humans his kind deserved to be respected. His kind, the one that could turn from man to beast. They demanded respect. They were after all the true superior race.

He then created the border of Afeious and became the king.

The alpha of alphas.

But one in every community of werewolves had the alpha gene in them, it was in their nature, like Darius to rule and with Darius as the ruler of the race the werewolves with the alpha gene couldn't resist to fight for power, for the title that Darius had.

This was the cause of war back then and it is still one of the reasons there is war right now.

But Darius always won against the wolves and at first one would say he felt bad for killing his own kind but eventually, he began to enjoy it.

He turned into a monster and nothing is worst than a monster that has enough strength and power to end you in the blink of an eye.

However in battle one day against a pack he found his mate, Penelope, curled up and crying for a pack that Darius had just almost completely destroyed.

He'd stopped when he saw her.

And at the time no one could believe that a man so monstrous and so cold could be anything else, but something had changed in him when he met her.

She held his other half.

She had what he was missing.

A heart.

But as far as mates went she refused to live with him. She knew just as everyone else knew what he was and what he was capable of.

She stayed in her pack, tending to her injured pack members and brought her pack up from the ground that Darius had intended to put them into.

But despite what he had done, he was her mate and she loved him so she bore him twins.

Payne and Payge Vincent. The boy and girl that they wanted.

Yet as Penelope stayed with her pack so did her children. Darius was furious but he did anything to make Penelope happy and maybe that was his only regret.

Penelope died in her pack when the twins were six. A rogue attack left her rebuilt pack in shreds with the only survivors a pair of six years old hidden away in a treasure vault underground.

No surprise that Darius was reluctant to keep his children, when Penelope died, she'd taken his heart with her. He was nothing without her so all he felt was regret, hurt and anger.

All of which he took out on his children, after all, they took all of their features from their mother. He could barely look at his own daughter.

At the age of eight he began with his son, teaching him how to fight in the only way he knew how and later on he started with his daughter.