3

Everyone watched in pity as the small dragon ate every last fish. "So she can stay?" Tuff asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I..guess she can," Hiccup allowed with a big yawn, "is anyone else exhausted?"

Astrid answered him with a yawn of her own, "I know I am. Stormfly and I have been working on our hut all day."

Fishlegs also began to yawn, "I guess chasing around the baby dragon tired me out, too."

"Seriously? It's only a couple hours after sundown," Snotlout reminded them.

"Huh, weird," Hiccup responded, but his eyes were already fluttering shut. He leaned back against Toothless and let them close completely.

But before he could fall asleep, a familiar sound rang out. Hiccup's eyes shot open and his gaze landed on the small new dragon. It's snout pointed directly up at the moon as a gentle song poured out.

"Woah.." Astrid admired.

"This is that dragon?" Snotlout questioned in surprise.

Hiccup yawned again, the soothing song making his eyelids heavy, "well, now that's solved, too, I guess." And with that he fell asleep.

• • •

"Astrid," a voice called, "Astrid wake up." Finally, she opened her eyes to see Hiccup and Snotlout hovering over her. She sheilded the sun from her eyes as she sat up.

"We over slept," Hiccup explained.

"What?" Astrid spoke with disbelief, "all of us? I never oversleep."

"No, not all of us," Snotlout cleared up and began to brag, "me and the twins have been up since sunrise. In fact, they're actually doing way more that you guys today."

Astrid glared at Snotlout and pushed him over as she got up. Immediately, she hopped onto Stormfly and they began to work.

• • •

It was afternoon when Hiccup began to feel tired again. "Come on Toothless, let's take a break," he suggested, patting the dragon on his neck.

Toothless soared down to the ground and landed. He gave his rider a look of concern when he sat tiredly on the ground. "I don't know what's wrong with me lately," Hiccup remarked, surprised by his exhaustion.

"You too, huh," Fishlegs realized, approaching lethargicly, "we must've eaten something weird."

Hiccup furrowed his eyebrows, "but that doesn't make any sense. We've been eating fish, just like everyone else."

They watched their friends fly around the sky with their dragons, wide awake and working hard. Even Ruff and Tuff were helping haul lumber up to Snotlout. "This feels wrong, we should be up there helping," Fishlegs spoke guiltily.

Hiccup pushed himself back up, a look of determination on his face. "Then let's get up there and help; we'll push through this tiredness, then get a good night's rest for tomorrow."

The two nodded and got on their dragons. Meatlug took off happily, but Toothless hesitated. The night fury looked back at Hiccup nervously and groaned.

"Don't worry about me, Toothless," Hiccup assured his dragon with a smile, "I'm alright. Let's go."

Finally, Toothless left the ground. As they ascended, however, something zoomed past them. Once recovered from the surprise, Hiccup could see a large pair of butterfly wings ahead of him.

• • •

All six vikings gathered in the club house the next morning. They watched the nutterfly in silence as she devour the fish that Stormfly had brought for her.

Snotlout broke the silence, "Hey Fishface, is this..normal?"

Fishlegs hesitated, "you mean, you see it too?"

"Even I see it," Tuffnut resolved, "and you all know I don't pay attention much."

"Well, uh.." Fishlegs began, unsure what to say, "maybe it's normal for her species."

"Maybe, but that leads us to an even more important question," Hiccup spoke as he walked over to the beautiful dragon. He stood beside it and watched it stand as well, now seven feet from nose to tail. Her four foot tail swished delicately over the entire floor of the club house. "How much bigger is she gonna get?"

The nutterfly blinked and turned her head curiously. "Woah, I hope she gets as big at the whole club house!" Ruffnut hoped with a wild grin and outspread arms.

"Uh, no, let's not hope for that," Hiccup disagreed uneasily. Just then, Astrid fell to the ground. "Astrid!" Hiccup rushed over to her with the others.

Fishlegs felt for a pulse while Snotlout grabbed her shoulders and shook gently. "She has a pulse, but it's very slow," Fishlegs affirmed, but the worry didn't leave his face, "something's wrong."

Astrid's eyes opened slightly and focused on the face right infront of hers. She smiled tiredly and reached a  hand up to touch his face, speaking in a dreamy voice, "Snotlout, you saved me."

Hiccup cringed a bit and agreed, "yeah, something is definitely wrong." He stood up and helped Astrid to her feet with Ruffnut, ordering in a panic, "twins, Fishlegs, take care of her. Get her to eat and drink if you can."

"Wait, where are you going?" Snotlout asked franticly.

"We, are going to figure out what's going on," Hiccup responded.

With a firm nod, Snotlout climbed into Hookfang, and the two dragon riders were off.

• • •

It was nightfall before they knew it, and Hiccup was running on fumes. "We searched everywhere," he finally said, sitting down against a tree trunk, "we've retraced all of Astrid's footsteps, and checked everywhere she's flown. There's nothing weird."

"Hiccup, Astrid could be dying, we can't just give up!" Snotlout argued.

Hiccup breathed heavily, "we're not giving up..."

Snotlout shot Hiccup an odd look and questioned, "are you alright? You don't look so good." He was right. The young Viking had bags under his eyes and had been out of breath since the beginning of their search.

But Hiccup pushed himself to stay awake and replied shortly, "I'm fine. Let go back and see how Astrid is doing."

"Alright.." Snotlout said warily. Withing seconds, they were airborne. But as they got closer to home, the dragon's song began, and Hiccup lost consciousness. "Hiccup!" Snotlout shouted as the boy fell off his saddle and plummeted to the ground along with Toothless.

Hookfang quickly grabbed them out of the sky and landed. "Oh man, this is bad," Snotlout worried as he hoisted Hiccup onto the night fury's back. He then climbed on, himself, and flew them back, Hookfang close behind.