•45•

The Jung siblings sigh. "I was worried something like this would happen," the eldest Jung says, running her fingers through her hair.

Hoseok nods. "I've been worried since they announced the whole event," he admits. "I mean really, Taehyungie has no family, Jin-hyung is gone and Jiminie's father is an asshole who just got taken away." He fidgets with his hands. "I hope this doesn't affect Jimin."

His sister seems to agree with him, nodding her head, but staring at something else. Hoseok raises a brow and follows her line of vision, sees that she's staring at General Min on the other side of the room chatting with some soldiers.

As soon as the soldiers leave, Dawon is grabbing Hoseok by the wrist and pulling him. "Come on," his sister says as they walk in the direction for the general.

Yoongi blinks when he sees them. He glances around as if seeing that they're really coming his way. There's no one else around that corner of the room but him.

"General Min," Dawon greets him as she stops in front of him. There's a bit of a confused silent pause before she pinches Hoseok on a butt cheek and hisses at him to greet the general.

"Hi," is all Hoseok says.

The general couldn't seem more confused. "Hi," he says back slowly, eyes going from one Jung sibling to the other. Hoseok takes note that like everyone else in the room, the general is wearing a hanbok. It makes him look smaller, younger. The word 'cute' comes to Hoseok's mind. "Do you two need something?"

Hoseok turns to his sister. Did they need something?

"Yes," Dawon says. "About that whole scene just now," she gestures with her hands to where the whole issue with Jimin and his dad had taken place, "It's not going to ruin our Jiminie's chances of staying here in the competition, right?"

The general points with a finger in the other direction. "You see that guy over there? Yeah, that's the king. He's kind of the one in charge of who stays and who goes." He drops his hand. "Not me."

"I know," Dawon huffs, "but you're his friend, right? Can't you ask?"

Yoongi sighs. "Dawon-ssi—"

"Call me Noona."

The general doesn't skip a beat. "Dawon-noona. See, I could go ask. Thing is, I don't want to. Honestly, I'm waiting for this competition to just end. It's stressing me out and I have more important things to do than to ask about something that you'll find out about as soon as the king makes a decision about it."

Daeon is persistant. "Please?" she begs, pouting her lips. "I'd owe you one."

Hoseok doesn't miss the way that Yoongi's eyes meet his when he says, "You're brother over there owes me like four." He pauses. "Whatever it is that you owe me that is."

Blushing, Hoseok shrinks under his sister's gaze. He himself doesn't really know how he was going to pay the general back for all the favors, never really thought about it.

Something passes through his sister's eyes as she looks between them. Then she smirks. "I'll give you Hoseokie."

"What?!" Hoseok shouts at the same time that Yoongi sputters, "The hell?!"

The elder Jung sibling doesn't pay their reaction much attention. She just oh so casually pushes her brother in the direction of the general. Hoseok fumbles but stops himself before falling on the smaller man.

"My brother is attractive, no?"

Hoseok just laughs, covering his mouth with his hand (Also using it to his the blush appearing on his cheeks). "Noona, stop messing with him." His tone is half pleading, half embarrassed. It's awkward.