Express

[Y/N] peered at the purple haired boy through her slender fingers. They were sitting here a while now and weren't talking at all. It was weird to her how Hitoshi could be so quiet like this. He usually talks so much and can be so happy, but when he wants to be he'll be silent. She wondered how he knew she was distraught and why he would go to great lengths to follow her like that. She was a nobody.....a wallflower.

     The sun was making the sky look orange and darkness was settling soon. She finally turned towards Hitoshi. "Why do you do all of this?" she asked him lowly, gesturing at him.

     He seemed to understand what she was asking, but he still tilted his head at her. It was as if all of his actions made perfect sense. "Because you're my friend," he answered.

     She lowered her eyes and stared at the ground. "But why are you my friend?"

     She could feel his eyes staring at her, scanning every inch of her face. She felt mildly uncomfortable. She was also talking way more than she usually do with Hitoshi....or with anybody really.

     "What? You don't think you're worthy to have a friend?" Hitoshi guessed. He was right. But not only that, she also didn't care for one. "You do deserve one [Y/N]. You're an amazing person and I really look up to you. You're not like anyone from our school either. You're not fake and pretentious; you're honest and you're not scared to tell anyone your opinions. So yeah, if anything, you're the one who deserves friends the most. Which makes me sad that you don't open up to anyone."

     For some reason, what Hitoshi said about her made her heart warm. But she shook it away as she shook her head at him. "Stop lying," she whispered.

     "I'm not lying," he persuited. "You're the friend that I lo—like the most. So please, tell me what's wrong. It hurts me to see you like this....because you're always so brave."

     [Y/N] looked into his pleading eyes. In her mind she knew she wanted to run away home. She was scared to open her heart again. She was scared to feel emotions again. She was scared to be happy again. Especially without her dad. So she was not going to do it....she....was....not....

     Before she made her mind, her tears finally overcame her. She dropped her jaw as she felt the salty tears dripping down her face. Now that they were out they wouldn't stop. She clenched her hands in anger for crying, but she couldn't stop the sobbing.

     Through her blurry vision, she could see Hitoshi's shocked face. She could see that he was scooting towards her frantically. She could feel his strong arms wrapping around her body. She could smell a vanilla scent wafting from his body. It felt strange to be hugged by someone....it was also oddly comforting.

     Before she knew it, words flew out of her mouth as she told him what happened earlier today. "People....thought that....that I-I w-was the p-person who kidnapped or...or m-murdered t-those missing people....I-I s-swear I fucking didn't!" she cried. She was both miserable and angry, but she was not the only. She didn't know though, because Hitoshi's face was facing the other way. She didn't know that his face was shown in massive fury.

     "Who said all these things about you?" Hitoshi questioned her softly. He was trying to keep calm for her sake, but it was very difficult.

     "I...I didn't r-really pay attention," she answered. [Y/N] continued to rant and cry about it. Just like with her tears, now that it was out she felt like she could go on forever. She could tell him anything.

     Oh....how very vulnerable she was that day. Hitoshi loved it so.