4

• • •

"Oh no, not Hiccup too!" Tuffnut wallowed as Snotlout entered the club house, their friend draped unconsciously over his shoulder.

"Where's Fishlegs?" Snotlout demanded.

"He's out," Tuff responded sorrowfully.

Snotlout kicked at the ground in frustration and shouted, "this can't be happening. There's nothing weird here! No poisonous berries, no bad water, no dangerous drag--" he stopped himself mid-sentence and turned his gaze to the nutterfly. "You..!"

"Don't blame Nutty!" Tuffnut begged.

"'Nutty'?" Snotlout repeated.

"She couldn't have done this," Ruffnut argued, "Fishlegs said that she has no way to defend herself, or attack."

But Snotlout wasn't finished yet. "Except that song," he accused, "Hiccup passed out as soon as this thing started to sing."

"Death by song?" Tuff summed up.

"Well, it sounds rediculous when you say it like that, but yeah," Snotlout responded awkwardly. He then stomped over the the dragon and demanded, "you wake them up right now!"

The dragon shrank back and squeaked before making her way over to Fishlegs. She peered into his face for a moment, then gave his chin a lick. "Nutty, there is a time and a place to give affection to dying people," Tuff warned with crossed arms, "but this is not it."

Snotlout gave the twin a look of disgust, but before he could say anything, Fishlegs groaned and sat up.

"Fishlegs!" The three shouted in unison.

"Woah, what happened?" Fishlegs questioned, holding his head.

Snotlout wore a serious look on his face. "This dragon was trying to kill you," he explained, pointing at the ashamed looking nutterfly.

"What? But, how?" Fishlegs asked in shock, moving away from the dragon.

"When it sings it's song, it puts you guys to sleep," Snotlout answered firmly.

Suddenly, Fishlegs's eyes went wide and he gasped, "oh my Thor..I think I know what kind of dragon this is."

There was a silence that followed. "Well, what is it?" Snotlout asked impatiently.

"I thought it was just a legend.." Fishlegs trailed off eyeing the dragon in disbelief, "a siren."

"What?! No, that's crazy," Snotlout immediately shut him down.

But Tuffnut only smiled, adding, "I like crazy!"

"That's the only logical answer," Fishlegs insisted.

"How is that logical?" Snotlout retorted.

Fishlegs got up and approached the scared looking dragon. "Think about it," he urged, reaching out to reassure her, "she sings her song every night, a song that makes you fall asleep. She isn't trying to kill us, she just thinks we're over-working ourselves; she's trying to help us rest."