Chapter 2

Eva couldn't stop shaking her leg as she sat in the airplane seat. Alana's annoyance grew with every waking second.

"Would you please stop that?!" Alana growled out after not being able to ignore it any longer.

"I'm sorry, it's just I'm so excited!" Eva all but yelled in glee.

"We are going to be landing in 30 minutes" Eva smiled.

Alana was in no mood to be happy. She had been awake for what felt like days when in reality was only around two hours. Alana was not by any means necessary a morning person. She wasn't one to stay awake at night either.

"Come on Alana, aren't you excited?"

"No, not even a little bit."

"You know you are not a morning person at all. You are so grumpy today." Eva commented as Alana rolled her eyes knowing her best friend couldn't see her.

"I'm not a morning person or a night person. There are a few minutes in the afternoon where I'm a decent person and that's about it." Alana stated gruffly.

Eva chuckled at Alana's statement. She laughed at what her best friend said because it was true. At night time if Alana stayed up too late she would become very sarcastic and in the mornings where she had to wake up early, she was very rude. Either way, Alana was not a very happy person in the mornings or at night.

"You know usually you would be reading a book right now" Antonio spoke as he sat across from them.

The Pack had a private Jet that they used for emergencies and international meetings. The Jet wasn't too big.

There were four seats on the jet facing each other with a small table in between. On one side was a sofa that could accommodate around three to four people. Towards the back of the plane were a couple of things like a room with a large bed, a bathroom, and a small space that had a coffee machine and a small microwave.

The only reason Alana was not laying on the bed was for the simple fact that if she fell asleep again she would only wake up in a worse mood. That and her father had called dibs on the bed. He was currently snoring.

"I found a good book this morning but unfortunately it's not in braille. Mother read me the title and I'm very intrigued by it. But in my rush to get here I left it on the library table." Eva sighed out in disappointment.

"What was the title?"

"Vampires and Their Beloveds"

"I'm not Author but I'm pretty sure the book is based on Vampires and their beloveds." Alana snickered out.

"Why do you insist on ruining things with your words?" Eva questioned in annoyance. If she knew how she would roll her eyes at her best friend. Not that it really mattered anyway.

"I'll see if I can find you a braille copy when we land." Eva's father spoke as he smiled at the interaction between best friends.

The women reminded him of Alexandrov and himself when they were younger.

"Thanks, Dad"

"I wouldn't bother, I've read it and it's boring" Alana sighed out as she shook her head at her the Beta.

Antonio simply shot Alana a confused look but refrained from speaking any more.

Eva tried to relax back into her seat but unfortunately, she couldn't. The more time passed the closer they were to landing. Eva couldn't wait to discover this new place. Although she knew she would never see what it looked like she would at least be able to fill her senses with something new.