f i f t e e n

I SHOVE MY way through the sea of students, a regular occurrence I have to suffer through during class changes

I SHOVE MY way through the sea of students, a regular occurrence I have to suffer through during class changes. Someone bumps me harshly, almost knocking the juicy red apple out of my hand and I take a large bite out of it as I glare at the back of said someone's head. 

I wipe my mouth of the juice as I open the small door into the damn  yellow office I have to visit a minimum of three times a week. Wooden chairs were placed in a semi circle, meaning only one thing; it was a group session today. 

I spot Levi instantly who waves at me and I take a seat next to him. 

"Where's Everett?" I question under my breathe and drop my bag to the ground, noticing the lack of him in the room.

Levi shrugs, "I haven't seen him at all today." 

That worried me slightly as he wasn't in bed when I woke up for training early this morning and I don't remembering hearing him come back to the dorm room last night.  I don't let my worry show as I shrug in the same manner as Levi and wait for the \lesson to begin. 

We end the session as usual by going around the group and we all have to say one nice thing we did since the last group lesson. 

I tell the group how I helped my friends study and Levi, very proudly might I add, announces to everyone that he told girls to stop sending him nudes because they're too pretty for that. 

To say the least, Miss Oakley was not impressed. 

After the session, I had English Lit with Vera which I was excited for. And sure enough, the split second I take my seat next to her she begs me for gossip on the fight between Chase and Luke the following day. 

"It wasn't a fight, V." I tell her as I take my books from my bag and place them on the desk in front of me, "Well, it almost was but I somehow managed to stop it." 

Vera grins, "Still, it's absolutely riveting." 

"What I don't understand is why Chase hates Luke so much? He's such a sweet guy and I couldn't see him doing anything to piss Chase off to the point where Chase doesn't want me hanging around him." I question as I side glance Vera who just shrugs and takes a sip of her iced coffee. 

"Chase is an extremely private person which makes him so mysterious and intimidating at the same time. One of the many reason why so many people are terrified yet extremely attracted to him." Vera explains, "From what I've heard, Chase never talks about his past before Caldwell. Never has and I highly doubt that he will." 

I pout, disappointed, just as the teacher walks in greeting the class brightly. I try to focus on the lesson, but half of my brain was too busy wondering where the hell Chase was. 

My worries are only put to rest after the class ends and I'm heading towards my art class. I see his tall ass body over the crowd of students and we make eye contact. From here, I could see his jaw clench before he turns and walks the other way. Real mature, Everett.