21 - In this together

We sit there for a while until my stomach starts to growl.

"Have you eaten at all today?" Draco asks and I shake my head.

"Then let's get some dinner, it's nearly six, come on", he says and stands up, putting me back on my feet. I feel a little wobbly from not eating all day.

"Thank you, Dray", I say and he caresses my cheek.

"What for?" he asks.

"Being there for me. I didn't realize how much I needed that until you arrived."

"Why didn't you want help?"

"I just felt like it was something I had to do alone", I say with a sigh. I felt like it was my burden to carry.

"We're in this together, okay?" he says and I smile. He really is great.

I give him a quick peck on his lips and pull him with me.

"Good, let's get food now."

Since there's barely anyone in the Great Hall, I sit at the Slytherin table with Draco. It's not something that's usually done, but I'd rather get some odd looks than eat alone.

"What's the Ravenclaw doing here? That's my seat", I hear behind me and turn around. Pansy is glaring at me and crosses her arms.

"I'll see you later", I say with a wink and stand up.

"You don't have to leave, you know? Parkinson should just keep her mouth shut", he says.

"It's fine, Luna and Cho will be here any minute."

Luckily they turn around the corner as I walk to my table.

"Y/N! Where have you been all day?" Cho asks worried.

"I just wasn't feeling well, don't worry", I say and I don't think she believes that, but she lets it go.

"Draco was worried. He asked me twice whether I had seen you", she says and I smile.

"I know, it's all good."

After dinner I go to my dorm to take a quick shower and make my bag for the next day. I have promised Draco that I'd meet him outside of my common room at nine. I quickly dry my hair with a towel and throw on some black jeans with a burgundy sweater. I pull my hair up in a high ponytail and throw on some comfy shoes. I put my wand in my back pocket and leave my dorm.

Draco is already waiting outside, casually leaning against the wall. He smiles as I come out and I give him a quick kiss.

"Gryffindor colours, huh?" he says with a wink as he points at my sweater.

"Yeah, so much better than Slytherin", I say sarcastically and he narrows his eyes. "Especially the guys. I mean, damn Seamus!" I say with an evil smirk and he scoffs.

"I hate you", he says and pulls me closer.

"No you don't", I whisper and kiss him softly.

"Come on, let's get out of here before Umbridge catches us", he says, takes my hand als pulls me with him.

"Where are we going?" I whisper.

"We're going to a place where she can't find us", he says with a grin.

We go down a couple stairs and into the dungeons.

"The dungeons, that's just creepy", I say giggling.

"Our common room isn't that creepy", he says and I stop abruptly.

"Your common room, are you mad?" I ask and he shrugs. "First of all, I can't even get in there and secondly, I'd rather not get murdered by your fellow Slytherins", I say and cross my arms.

"So bossy", he says with a smirk. "You can get in with my help, it's just a password and secondly, have you forgotten the influence I have in my house?" I roll my eyes.

"You're such an arrogant twat." A smile still tugging on my lips.

"You love it", he whispers in my ear making me shiver and then pulls me towards his common room. He mumbles the password and the door opens.

"After you", he says.

"Oh hell no", I say and raise an eyebrow. He laughs, takes my hand and pulls me with him.

It's not too crowded in the common room, but I still feel like so many people are staring at me.

"Draco, this letter came in for you just now", Crabbe says and hands him a black letter. Draco sighs.

"You okay?" I ask and he nods.

"Just another one of dad's threats", he says and rolls his eyes. Ever since we've started dating, Draco has been getting letters from his dad, forbidding it and trying to threaten him in every way. He told me about it, constantly saying that he didn't want me to get hurt. It may be selfish of me, but I always said that I didn't want it to be secret. It's either all in or all out. Now I think about it, it really is selfish. If I would get those letters from my dad, saying he'll hurt Dray, I would do everything to prevent that too. Especially after today, I need him.

"Maybe we should keep it on the down low. We shouldn't be asking for trouble", I say and he looks confused at my sudden change.

"No, he has way more control over me than I like as it is, I'm not giving him any more. That is, if you're still in", he asks and looks kind of insecure.

"Of course, I love you. A really cute bloke once said: we're in this together", I say and smile, pulling him into a kiss.

"Yeez, get a room!" I hear and pull away. Pansy is sitting in one of the couches, looking disgusted.

"Sod off Pansy", Draco says smiling slightly and pulls me with him on the couch.

"Seriously, I've heard some intense and distressing things in my life, but I feel like this is the first time I am in desperate need of some holy water", she says, stands up and leaves. She is kind of amusing.

Apparently, no one really cares about me being there as I lay on the couch next to Dray, admiring the room. It's dark and cold, yet somewhat charming. The green light creates a creepy hue and it's mostly silent. I admire the flickering fireplace as Dray plays with my hair, wrapping it around his finger and unwrapping it again.

A shiver runs down my body as the door opens and someone else comes in, which makes me scoot a little closer to him.

"Are you cold? I can get you a sweater", he says, but I shake my head, not wanting him to get up.

"I prefer my personal blanket", I say and turn around, wrapping my arms around his waist. He puts his arm around my shoulder and kisses the top of my head. I smile and close my eyes. This day ended up way better than I predicted it would.

"You'll be here with me the next 15th of May?" I ask, tracing his sharp jawline with my index finger.

"I will", he says, but somehow I still have this feeling that something could happen. I need him more than I need anyone else.

"You promise?" I ask and look up at him. He looks at me concerned and sighs.

"I can't promise you that, even though I wish I could, but I do promise you that I'll do my absolute best to make that happen", he says and strokes my cheek. "Can't imagine what I'd do without your nerdy arse annoying me all the time", he says to lighten the mood and I chuckle.

"Stupid git", I mumble and close my eyes again, quickly dozing of to sleep.