Chapter 22

-Vivian-

I woke up with a heavy weight on my waist. I tried to twist my body out of his hold but, his grip was killer. I sighed and attempted to wriggle my way under his arm. But that just resulted in him puling me closer.

"Steven?" I whispered.

I craned my head and saw his long eyelashes flutter. "Steven." I sang.

"Wakey wakey." I whisper yelled.

"Steven, i really need to pee!"

He opened his eyes slowly and looked at me through hooded eyes. "What?"

"Me. Pee. Now."

"Oh, sorry." he finally let go of my abdomen and allowed me to relieve myself.

"You going anywhere today?" he asked from the bedroom.

"Not that I know of. Should I be going somewhere?"

"I was just asking."

I opened the bathroom door, and crossed my arms at the doorway. "Don't you dare lie to me, Steven Greg Thompson."

He was buttoning up his light blue dress shirt and whistled a tune nonchalantly. I marched my way over and stood face to face with him. As I looked down, his buttons weren't even aligned correctly. I sighed and swat his hand away. "Let me."

I unbuttoned his shirt and started to correctly button it up. "So, you going to tell me?"

I straightened his collar and saw that he was biting his lip. I raised my eyebrow.

"RichiscomingtodaytohangoutwithusbutbyusImeanyou."

My eye squinted in annoyance. "Steven, speak human please."

He sighed and tugged his collar, but I swatted his hand away from my handy work. "I said, Rich is coming today to hang out with us but by us I mean you."

He shrank back as I smacked him over the head repeatedly. "Why would you do that?"

"Because I know it'll bother you, and it'll continue bothering you, until you're friends again."

"I'm better off without him."

"Vivs, come on. It's just for a couple hours."

"Will you be there?" I asked, a little light of hope in my voice.

He coughed dramaticly. "I think I need some water."

Steven practically sprinted out the room. Oh, no he doesn't.

"Steven! I can't do this without you." I wailed as I followed him. "Why do you hate me?"

He choked on his water, and looked at me incredulously. "Hate you? I don't hate you. I'm looking out for you." He walked over to me and rubbed my shoulders. "This will do you good. Just trust me."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - -

"You two play nice now. I'll be back by 9." Steven chirped. He smiled at us and I could've sworn I saw a skip in his step as he left.

Richard stood awkwardly across the room while I sat on the couch munching on caramel and cheese popcorn. I probably looked like a camel chewing hay. I sat numbingly watching some crappy tv show.

He cleared his throat from his position leaning on the wall. I just kept chewing like he didn't exist and I didn't want to choke him.

He cleared his throat again. This time I just glanced his way and looked back at the tv. But then he started doing it again. I threw the bowl of popcorn on the table.