Wattpad Original
There are 40 more free parts

Chapter 28

They took him to see Registrator Maknite.

The crowd around Maknite hadn't diminished the slightest. In fact, it had grown larger, spilling out onto the main street and blocking off the entire area. If anyone wanted to get through, they'd have to circle around the long way. At this rate, they'd be lucky to reach the Registrator before his daily time limit was reached.

"It's going to be a long wait," Severance observed.

Maun chuckled. "Not for us."

Severance wondered if Maun's eyeballs had quit working. There were at least a hundred people gathered around the stone building.

"Keep close," Agadhi commanded. He approached the edge of the crowd, his hands folded behind his back. He cleared his throat and politely said, "Excuse me."

A trio of warriors turned. They were all big, with heavy plate armor and fur adding even more bulk to their frame. Once they noticed Agadhi, they sprouted matching expressions of displeasure.

"What do you want?" one of them growled.

Agadhi met his gaze. "Let us pass."

The three warriors stared at Agadhi. From behind him, Severance couldn't really see what Agadhi did, but the next thing he knew, the warriors moved back, opening up a space between them.

"Thank you." Agadhi stepped forward. He walked like Maun, each stride a smooth, flowing movement reminiscent of a dancer.

Severance followed, both awed and confused. As he passed one of the warriors, he looked at one of them and received a cold stare. The warrior's lip curled into a sneer. Severance immediately turned his head, unease curdling in his gut.

Yikes. Agadhi sure knew how to make friends.

One by one, people allowed Agadhi to pass without much fuss, although when they were about halfway through, they reached a stubborn pair of female players waiting with a tall, armored man.

"Are you stupid?" One of the women scoffed. She was a rogue, judging by her dark, fitted outfit. "That's not how it works, mister."

"Yeah, wait your turn like everyone else," the second woman declared.

Severance could almost feel the crowd shift about them, interest and curiosity gathering in those closest. What are you going to do now, Agadhi?

"You will not move?" Agadhi questioned.

"Heck no." The first woman folded her arms in defiance.

"I see. Then please forgive me." Agadhi advanced upon them. Both women staggered back.

One bumped into the armored man, who instinctively grabbed on to her to support her. She sagged against him, red blossoming against the pale blue of her blouse. Gasps arose as the other woman collapsed in a heap. Blood seeped from her neck.

Severance's eyes grew wide. The man just outright murdered two people who were in his way! He hadn't even seen Agadhi attack.

Noise erupted, even as Agadhi calmly stepped over the one woman's body. The armored fellow grasped the other one, still unaware that he held onto a dead body.

"Did he just-?!"

"You can't do that!"

Some laughed. "That's hardcore, man."

"Dude!"

That last voice sounded suspiciously familiar, and Severance spun to look, searching the sea of faces for his friend. But a firm hand briefly pressed against his shoulder, and Maun's low voice murmured in his ear.