- III -

— A DANCE -

As their eyes connected she felt the feeling she had been missing for so long. It had been hard for her to go back to the loneliness of the moon and leave behind the warmth that being near him had given her.
Fortunately she had been able to be of aid for him at least a few times, like the time she saved him from the goddess Hecate who had tried to curse him. She had wanted him to have a good childhood, with as many good memories as possible and she was thankful for being able to have aided him when he needed her.

But those few times couldn't compare to this moment.

She stood still in the middle of the great hall that had been decorated and changed into a balllroom, ignoring all the eyes that looked at her, as she only had eyes for him.
She watched silently as he made his way towards her and held out his hand.

"Would you like to dance with me?"
He asked her with a voice that reminded her of sweet honey. His deep blue eyes twinkled in the lights of the candles that had been put on the large chandeliers and his mouth was curved in a small smile. 

She couldn't even find her voice to answer him and instead grabbed his hand and started dancing with him.
Around them gods and goddesses looked at them in awe as they glided over the dance floor as if they were one, not taking their eyes off of eachother.

Meanwhile in the back of the great hall, sitting om his throne, Zeus couldn't help but feel a surge of jealousy bloom inside of him as he watched his son and the titanness dance in perfect union.

It was as if they were made for eachother.

After hours of dancing, the great hall started to become empty as more and more immortals left the scene. Apollo and Selene finally stopped their dancing, but Apollo did not let go of Selene's hands.

"Why do I feel like this? As if I have known you for as long as I have lived. As if you belong right here in my arms like a puzzle piece fits right into the puzzle. It is... as if you were made for me and I for you."
He said.

Selene stared deeply into his eyes, but blushed at his words as they filled het heart with warmth.
Still unable to speak full sentences, she simply nodded her head at what he had said as she averted her eyes in an attempt to hide her blush.
Apollo immediately grabbed her chin and made her look up at him again.

"Please don't ever hide your face from me."
He said.

Apollo took a step closer and it felt as if gravity was working the wrong way as they both started leaning more towards eachother, until finally their lips connected.

Was this how it felt like to be alive? Selene wondered as his hand held her waist and her arms rested on his neck.

"Join me?"
He whispered out of breath as they parted.

"Yes."

And just like that Selene followed him towards his palace that resided in his domain, where he led her to his bedroom that was no less magnificent than the palace as a whole.

As the door shut, lips connected and clothes fell.

For a being as old as herself, it was unheard of to still not have indulged in the pleasures of the flesh, but Selene had never felt the need to. She had always felt like she had to wait, and it was at this moment she realised why.

For him.

For her sun.

For her Apollo.

-