-V-

FAMILY

Life had never been as sweet for Selene as it was now. It was as if she had only started living once she met Apollo.
She had left her lonely life on the moon and instead lived with Apollo in his beautiful palace, where they shared a room together.

Their days were filled with their godly duties, but as soon as those were over they would spend the rest togheter with eachother and during the night they made sweet love.

Apollo was caressing Selene's hair as she lay asleep on top of him, bothe being tired after speding a long night together. He sighed in contentment.
Suddenly he felt a burning in his neck, indicating that he was being called by his father.
He slowly got Selene off of him and made his way towards the great hall where his father sat waiting for him on his throne.

It had been a horrible time for Zeus, watching Selene and Apollo act like love sick puppies in front of him. Fortunately, that time would be no longer as he had found the perfect way to get Selene all for himself.
"My son!"
He said happily as Apollo entered the room.

"Hello, father. You have called for me?"

"Yes, I have.  I was wondering how that little feud between you and Helios was going? You aren't losing against him, are you?"
He asked Apollo, already knowing the answer.

"It seems we are about equals as of now. The mortals seem to still be divided."

"No son of mine should have followers being stolen from him by some old titan! You are the true god of the sun, Apollo, all mortals should worship only you!"
Zeus said with fake anger as he watched Apollo's eyes become hard as he felt his pride being hurt.

"But what can I do against him. There is no way to get rid of him, he is a titan."
Apollo said irritated, as his mind filled itself with hate for his rival.

"Did you know the girl you have been playing with is Helios' cherished little sister? They say his cold heart only melts for her."
Zeus said, hiding his smirk.

"She... is a titanness?"

"Yes, it was only with my merciful approval that I let them live as gods in Olympus. And the ungrateful titan dares to take your followers from you!
Son, you need to take what is yours. You have the little titanness wrapped around your finger, use her to get Helios to step down from his position."
Zeus said.

Apollo's mind, clouded by his ego and pride, agreed.

-