3; A Touch of Red

A/N: I made a blueprint of what I think Victoria's room looks like above, enjoy! -Phoenix
...

"Here's your room." Tony said, laying my suitcase on the bed for me.

"Wow..." I trailed off, walking further into the room and spinning around to take it all in.

It was beautiful, well, any room would be compared to the orphanage, but I mean this room was incredible. How rich is this guy?

The room was huge, and had light blue walls and wood floors. The right wall was a complete wall of windows that overlooked the ocean outside, and next to them was a grand piano. There was a big bed with pink bedsheets and two night stands on either side in the middle of the back wall, a baby pink armchair in the corner, and a desk on the same wall as the door. On top of the desk was a computer! And there was a huge flat screen TV on the wall too, facing my bed. There were also two other doors on the left wall, but I guess I'll explore those later.

"I'll leave you to unpack. Feel free to look around," He looked at the mystery doors. "Those are yours too. I'll be downstairs in the workshop if you need me, or Pepper and Happy should be around, they usually are. And— I assume you've met Jarvis?"

I nodded. "Great, well he knows all about everything in the house too, and where everything is. So don't hesitate to ask." Tony continued as he stood in the doorway.

"K." I grinned, feeling very overwhelmed by everything. Tony smiled and disappeared down the hall.

I pulled myself up onto the tall bed and sat next to my suitcase, pulling on the zipper until the top flopped open. Inside was everything I owned, which wasn't a lot. Some old clothes, a framed photo of my mother and I when I was two, and two barbies I got for a past birthday.

I hopped off the bed and trotted over to one of the doors, it turned out to be a bathroom with a huge bath tub and shower, and a sink and toilet obviously. I walked back out, leaving the door open this time, and opened door number two. This room was a big closet, full of clothes. In the center was a big bench sort thing, with the clothes hanging around it on the walls. I walked along one of the rows, dragging my hand along the different fabrics. I decided to change my outfit. After looking for a while, I chose some blue overalls, a yellow t-shirt, and some matching yellow socks.

Taking off the old, grungy clothes from the orphanage felt amazing, but a little bittersweet at the same time. I was going to miss some of the friends I had there, and Miss Carrie. I mean, she basically raised me. As I pulled the shirt over my head, I breathed in the scent of laundry detergent. It was refreshing.

When I looked at myself in the mirror on the wall, I barely recognized myself. I actually looked decent! Not to toot my own horn though.

I spent the next hour packing away my things. I put my old clothes in an empty drawer I found in the closet, because I had a feeling I wouldn't be wearing it again anytime soon, I put the framed photo of my Mom and I on my nightstand, and the two barbies on the desk, on either side of the computer. Once I was done, I sat on the edge of my bed and stared out the window, admiring the sun which had begun to set over the ocean. How did I end up here? It seemed impossible. I pinched my arm and squinted at the pain. Yep, I'm awake.

"Jarvis?" I said hesitantly, unsure if he, or it, would answer.

"Yes Miss Stark?" The familiar British voice spoke. It almost sounded as if he was all over the room, which made me look around for some speakers or something. But I didn't see any.

"What time is it?"

"It's 4:46 PM."

"Thank you."

I decided it was probably time for me to emerge from my bedroom, so I hopped off the bed and pushed open the door which was already open ajar. As I walked down the spiralled stairs I couldn't hear anything besides my own breathing, the house was dead quiet. I assumed Tony was downstairs and headed down to check.

There was a glass wall separating the stairs and his workshop, with a sliding door that had handprint recognition. I pressed my much smaller hand to the scanning pad and a green light flashed up and down, then, the door slid open. This caught Tony's attention.

"Hey," he smiled, looking back at his metal.

"What are you making?" I asked, speaking some thoughts I had earlier as well.

He sat back and admired his work. "It's gonna be a suit."

"A suit?"

"A metal suit. With jets a stuff, pretty cool, huh?"

I grinned at the mention of jets and nodded my head up and down eagerly. "Why are you making it?"

He seemed to think for a minute. "Uhh..." he began, letting the screwdriver in his hand go limp. "Well, it's kind of a long story, but about seven months ago I was actually in captivity in Afghanistan."

My eyes widened. "Woah."

He chuckled. "Yeah. The only way they were going to let me go, as far as I know, was for me to make them a bunch of explosives; bombs and stuff. And I didn't want to." He took a breath. "So, I spent my time making a suit instead, one that was bulletproof and would allow me to escape."

"And you did." I smiled.

"I did."

A few seconds of silence passed. "Tell you what, what's your favourite colour?" Tony asked, typing some things on his hologram computer system thingy.

"Ummm...." I thought. "Maybe... red?"

"Okay." He seemed pleased with my choice, and tapped a couple more buttons. Suddenly, the previous silver metal suit appeared on the screen with some red accents on it.

Cool!" I gawked

Cool!" I gawked. Tony chuckled.