-VI-

PRIDE

Selene woke up alone and for a second she frowned at the feeling. Ever since they had been togheter, she hasn't woken up alone even once so it felt weird for her.
She quickly dressed herself and followed the feeling that blossomed inside her heart, which indicated where her love was. The beautiful feeling that had slowly grown familiar to her and that she never wished to lose.

She ended up standing in front of Apollo's study. She entered and saw Apollo with a frown on his face. The moment she looked at him, she felt a chilling feeling shoot through her body. There was something different about him. Something has changed, she thought to herself. Shaking away the thought she walked towards him and kissed him on his cheek.

The feeling of her lips against his skin invoked instant warmth inside of Apollo and a small smile appeared.
"Hello, love."
He said as he looked up to look at his Selene. His innocent little titanness.

"You have been busy, I see. I thought you hated working so early in the morning."
She said.

"Yes, I have some things to... take care of."
He said, as his smile disappeared at the thought of Helios.
"I need some time, oke? I will see you later."

She nodded and left him in his study, not knowing that his study would become a place that she would come to hate in the coming days.

Days passed and Apollo was more inside of his study than out. Every time she would enter he would tell her he was busy and every time she would simply sigh and leave.
He become more distant with her, some nights he wouldn't even sleep on their bed. Those nights were the worst for her.

Eventually he had collected his thoughts and had made a decision. He went to the sun, where he knew Helios lived inside his own palace.

"Helios!"
He shouted as he entered.

The sun god looked up from his book and watched the younger sun god enter his palace as if he was the one who owned it.

"Yes, young one?"

"I have come with a proposal."

"Have you now?"
Helios said, disinterested.

"Yes, it is about your sister, Selene."
At the sound of her name, Helios sat up straighter.
Selene was his dearest sister, whom he loved more than anyone. There was no other as innocent, pure and kindhearted as she was.
"You may or may not know, but your sister is deeply in love with me. She is like putty in my hands. If I were to tell her to jump she woul, you know."
He said with a smirk.

"What do you want?"
Helios said with gritted teeth as anger filled his body.

"I want you to openly state that you acknowledge that you are my lesser and that it is only I that is the true sun god."
Apollo said with pride in his voice.

Helios felt utterly disgusted at his words. He couldn't understand why someone would hold their ego and pride so high that they would treat the ones that love them as dirt.
His poor little sister, she deserves way better than this poor excuse of a god.

"Is that all?"
Helios said with no emotion in his voice.

-