One

This is a collaboration that I've been working on with Ao-senpai for the last month or so. We also worked on another book together over on her profile called Runaway Princess which I think you should all go check out as well. This is one of my favourite books I've written so far. Show this book, the other book and the beautiful woman tagged above some love! Here's chapter one, I hope you all enjoy!

Warnings for the entire book: Gore, Slightly sexual connotations, violence, LOTS OF FLUFF LATER I PROMISE.

No, no, no... this can't be happening!

Ha-Na's breath exploded from her chest as she continued to run through the darkened alleyways. Her heavy footsteps pounded the wet pavement, shoes splashing into the puddles forming from the rain. Ha-Na's clothes were soaked in the cold rain, causing her to shiver as she continued to run.

The woman wasn't sure of where she was or who was following her, but the thought was enough to send her into a full body panic. The moment she heard another pair of shoes behind her, adrenaline pumped through her blood, causing a fight or flight response. Ha-Na took off into a sprint faster than when she was part of a relay team in school. The footsteps that trailed behind her kept replaying over and over in her mind, she swore she could hear them everywhere. She was far too afraid to turn back and see if there was someone following her.

Ha-Na's legs were begging her to stop. The cramps forming in her limbs began to eat away at her depleting energy. No matter how hard her body begged or pleaded, she couldn't stop for one second, or she would die.

There was one word that hammered at her mind.

Why?

Why was there someone after her? Had she done something wrong that would cost her life? Or was it someone's sick wish to see her crimson blood spill onto the ground? Was her harsh past really that worthy of such a cruel death?

Ha-Na had only caught a quick glance at the figure, but it was enough to strike fear into her heart. She saw the revolver grasped in their hand, that in itself sent a huge wave of terror crashing down onto her mind.

The woman had hoped she could find some way to lose the person. She had created a large gap between them as she took off first, but if she didn't lose the figure, they would surely catch up to her. Ha-Na darted into an alleyway that was interconnected with some others, the layout acting as a maze. However her strung up plan based on nothing backfired and hard- instead of losing the person following her, she got lost herself.

Despite this, she continued to try and escape.

"Come out, come out wherever you are, little lamb!"

It was a male. A man with a deep voice was following her and was hellbent on hunting the woman down. Ha-Na's heart began to beat faster inside her chest, threatening to burst through her rib cage. With each step she took, she grew weaker. Her body was giving up on her, but she kept pushing it to save herself.

Just as she thought she could finally pause for a second, it hit her and fast.

A heavy weight resembling a freight train flew into her back, forcing her to the wet ground. She landed sideways into a puddle, her already wet clothes absorbing more of the chilling rain water. Before she could crawl away- much less fight back- her weight was pinned down in a matter of seconds. The heavier mass was unbothered by her flailing, acting as if it was ineffective.

A large hand suddenly wrapped around Ha-Na's throat and began to crush the frail appendage. She helplessly claws at the cold clamp around her neck, hoping that it would be enough to get him to let go. She had kept her eyes closed, afraid to see the face of the man trying to kill her. Air refused to escape or enter her lungs, and she was becoming more and more terrified.

Something ice cold pressed against her forehead, and that was when her eyes shot open. However, she couldn't focus on the revolver pressed right against her frontal bone. Her wobbling eyes shot towards the person's face- no, his mask. A white rabbit mask created a facade over his features, dried blood splattered against the surface. When she did open her eyes, his grip grew to the strength of a bench vice. This time, her breath had truly left her lungs.

T-The Tokki...?

Tokki's heavy breathing penetrated through his mask. Ha-Na was the only person who could give him a run for his money- it only made his blood boil with the feeling of a predator closing in on its prey. What angered him the most was the colour of Ha-Na's eyes, she had found something that he could never find. A bloodlust aura began to radiate off the Tokki, making Ha-Na shake in gut-wrenching fear.

Rain continued to pour around them, covering the earth in a thick blanket of water. Tokki's wrapped his finger around the trigger of his gun, ready to let a bullet fly into Ha-Na's skull.

Just as he was seconds away from pulling the trigger, he felt that he couldn't move. A second glance at her eyes was just enough to send him into shock. Tokki couldn't believe it, but it was right in front of him.

As Tokki was lost in a trance, a thick plank of wood struck the man's head. He flew off of her body, hitting a stack of wooden crates that fell on top of him. As Ha-Na was flailing around earlier, her hand brushed against the black, and she had been trying to grab it. The woman grabbed it just before he shot her, and with enough strength, sent him off to the side. Her only chance at living was within reach and she found victory.

Ha-Na stumbled to her feet, delicately cupping her burning throat as she coughed profusely. Her body was screaming at her to just give up, but the remaining adrenaline in her veins pushed that thought out of her head. She took off running again, leaving the Tokki groaning on the ground.