11

THIS MAY SOUND WEIRD but plants are lucky

THIS MAY SOUND WEIRD but plants are lucky. They get to blow freely in the cool breeze, not having a care in the world. People can't do that anymore, hell, they couldn't do that before.

Switching positions for the tenth time that ride, T-Dog looks over at an uncomfortable Aria. "What's wrong?" He asks and Aria groans, blowing out a breath. Everything is wrong, the world, her emotions, her mind—everything. But is she going to tell him that? Nope.

"Nothing. I'm fine." She lies, shrugging her pale shoulders. T-Dog nods, believing the lie. Of course he would, Aria had become good at lying and she's not sure whether that's a good thing or not. Drumming her fingers against her thigh, Aria stares down at her lap, her lips pursed to the side. The van slows to a stop and she looks forward, confused as to why they're stopping. Opening her door, she jumps out of the vehicle, her converse hitting the dirt.

The RV door slams against the frame of the RV and Dale steps out, gazing around. "What's going on?" He asks and Aria looks around skeptically at the abandoned neighborhood. "We're using too much gas. We need to leave the truck, the jeep and the van." Rick informs everyone and Aria nods, walking forward and grabbing a gas can. "Do you know how to siphon gas?" Shane asks, coming up behind her.  Aria nods slowly, tucking a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"M—My dad showed me how." Aria quietly answers him before shuffling away, heading back towards the van. T-Dog hands her a hose and she thanks him before unscrewing the gas cap. Sticking the hose into the gas hole, she blows on the end towards her mouth before quickly shoving the end in the gas can. Gas begins to flow out of the hose and Aria glances around, waiting patiently for the gas to finish.

Scrunching her nose up at the smell, she lets out a small cough before tapping the end of the hose on the gas can, making sure all the gas is out of the hose. Pulling the hose out of the hole, she screws the gas cap back open before sealing the gas can shut. Picking up the can, she walks over to the RV, setting it by the other two cans. "No. You tell her." Turning her head, she sees Shane, Rick, Lori and Carol staring at the female. Raising an eyebrow, Aria sends them a confused look.

Carol smiles softly before walking over, rubbing the females shoulder. "Aria—sweetie. Uh, you're going to have to ride with Daryl on his motorcycle. There isn't enough room in the Cherokee or the RV, I'm sorry." Aria presses her lips in a line, her eyebrows furrowing. Carol is literally acting like someone in her family died, again.

Shrugging her shoulders, Aria nods. "Sounds cool." She mumbles, shocking the four people infront of her. "You'll be riding with Daryl Dixon." Lori speaks up and Aria slowly nods, raising her eyebrows. "He's not that bad." Raising her arms, she gathers her hair in her hand before tying it up. She awkwardly walks away from the group of four, her eyes rolling at their behavior. They act like he's some sort of serial killer.

Aria walks up to Daryl, her hands clasped together. "Hey." She utters, sending him a small smile. Sending her a nod, Daryl motions towards the back of his motorcycle. Biting her lip, she unclasps her hands and sets one hand on Daryl's shoulder, causing him to tense. She apologizes for the sudden contact as she swings her leg over the seat, sitting comfortably on the back. Lowering her hands back down, she grabs onto the bottom of the seat, refusing to hold on to Daryl. That would just be awkward for them both.