New Found Motivation

The children stood in silence trying to process the information that they had just learned. Their parents death was not an accident. They were not killed by a sun flare. Ezekiel started to replay their last moments in his mind. Sebastian was the first to speak." They will pay for our loss. We need to find dad's invention for the other dimension and we need to finish it. We need to finish what they have started. We are not going to let their hard work go to waste. Seth you are good with design you and I will look at the blueprints Samantha you and Jasmine will go tell our other parents what we just learned. Ezekiel I know that you are racking your brain but you can just go back and check the cameras in the treehouse that way we can know for sure what we are dealing with. We will all meet in the living room to come up with a plan." Samantha and Jasmine ran quickly to the kitchen to deliver their update. Ezekiel sprinted to the door and up the steps making his way to the treehouse. He quickly started typing away at the controls. He dragged the screen in front of his face and blew up the image. He looked closely as he played the video in slow motion. As he watched the video he sent the images to a memory book. His eyes caught every small detail frame to frame. The point of his father pushing him he paused it. His fathered looked up to the sky and saw something. His eyes were wide with fear and worry in the paused screen. Ezekiel followed his father's eyes and zoomed in to sky. He saw a dot. He isolated the dot magnified the visual and he saw a bot. The bot had a magnifying cube. A magnifying cube takes whatever is going through it come out of the other side 1000 times bigger. In this instance it intensified the regular sun's rays to a more deadly heat and the ray was focused on Barbara. Once this was seen Ezekiel could not watch his parents die again so he rushed back down stairs to tell everyone what they had already expected. When he came back to the living room everyone was already there. Valery was now crying saying that she should never have let Barbara go off on her own. James was shushing her telling her that it was not her fault. that it was nobody's fault. "Actually it is someone's fault. It is those damn scientists fault." Ezekiel's statement caused everyone to suck in a hard breathe. The bot that ezekiel used as a copy cat previously came in bringing the memory book that he sent the images to. He opened it and pulled forward the image that he blew up in the treehouse. Once everyone saw the bot and the magnifier a gasp left the adults and a mixture of anger and sadness matched on all of the kids' faces. "Sebastian did you find the blueprints?" James stood with a look of determination on his face. Sebastian just nodded and placed them on the table. No one moved everyone just looked at the blueprints they were on ancient paper with pen and wooden pencil. It was a bunch of papers in a manila folder titled new world.

Samantha stood up and grabbed Ezekiel's hand and led him to the kitchen then she turned to everyone else and said, "Come on everyone before we do anything else we have to celebrate the life of our parents and your friends with cake." she smiled a small smile that had everyone moving towards the kitchen. Everyone sat around the dining table and shared a good memory of the deceased before everyone dug into the lemon cake.

After cake it was dark outside so instead of diving into work everyone went to their rooms to shower and get some rest. Everyone except Ezekiel he went to shower and his room but he starting looking over the blueprints and he fell asleep with his face in the ancient papers that smelled of his father. Ezekiel was startled awake by Samantha crying. He jumped out of his chair and rushed to her room. Upon seeing him she launched herself out of bed and into his arms. He shushed her and crawled into her bed with her clinging to him. He pulled the cover over them and hummed the song that their mother and Valery always hum to them while playing in her hair. Samantha's cries slowly turned to sniffling and then turned into slow breaths. Holding her Ezekiel starts to fall into a deep exhausted sleep. He did not feel when his brothers Seth and Sebastian crawl into the bed a couple of hours later.

Valery checked all of the children's rooms only to find that Jaden and Jasmine had moved to their old room that they use to share and that the triplets and Ezekiel were all in Samantha's room. She stood in the doorway trying to get her emotions in check. Yesterday not only did she loose a best friend/sister, she also became a mother of six wonderful children. She was overwhelmed with the recent events. She slowly backed away from the door and went to the kitchen to start on breakfast. She wanted to offer the children some sense of normalcy. She was quietly humming to herself when she hear footsteps. She turned around, Jaden and Seth walked around the island into kitchen and picked up a bowl each and started on their own perspective mixes. She smiled softly at the quiet hums she heard coming from the boys. She started back cooking the bacon. She heard more footsteps and in walked Sebastian followed by Ezekiel not too far behind him Jasmine Samantha walked in hand in hand. Ezekiel kissed Valery on the cheek and led her to the island and she sat down next to Sebastian. Jasmine started getting plates and silverware together while Samantha stood next to Ezekiel and scrambled some eggs. The kitchen was filled with harmonized humming from the kids and Valery.

James walked in right as everything was being plated. He beamed a smile that no one was ready for. He got a house full of confused looks which only made him smile harder. Valery walked to him and touched his head checking for fever. He swatted her away and laughed at her even more confused face. "Today is the first day without my best friends and it is the first day that I am a father of now 6 beautiful and wonderfully talented children. My best friend use to always tell me to always find the brighter side of things instead of dwelling on the negative side. I cried and listened to you all cry all night now that we have cried about our loss we get to dive into a new adventure and finish something that is ultra top secret in a place that the government can not find." he flashed his family another bright smile while he digs into is breakfast. Everyone looks at each other and they shared small smiles. Allowing the happy memories overcome the bad ones. Ezekiel knew he would never be the same but he looked up and vowed that he would do everything he could to protect the remainder of his family. He was proud that he had almost saved them and he was even happier that they were not left alone. With positivity spreading through the home a new resolve was set in Ezekiel's mind. He would be the person to finish his father's work and save the world. He tossed everyone a small meek smile that had samantha beaming at the small smile. She squealed with happiness and demanded that they keep things the same with their previous traditions. Everyone agreed with that and she and Jasmine went to their rooms to play while Ezekiel and James went to the lab to start working on John's project.

Once they looked over everything and they had a solid hypothesis they went their separate ways. James went to his wife and Ezekiel went to his room he was trying to think of ways to quickly finish his ozone creator and the easiest ways to set it into effect. He stayed up until the early morning of the next day and finally crawled into his bed he knew that this was going to be his life for the next couple of years and he smiled thinking of his parents as he fell into a dreamless sleep.