X

ENDINGS AND BEGINNINGS

It was that same day when something peculiar happened. Something that had never happened before.

"Look at the sky!"
A goddess shouted as she looked out of the window.

Immediately gods and goddesses walked towards the window to take a look and murmers spread amongst the ballroom.
People started to leave the ballroom to take a better look outside and an irritated Apollo that had been drinking his eightieth cup of ambrosia before all the murmers got curious as well.

He walked towards the doors and pushed tbe people that stood in his way to the side so that he could pass.
Once outside he looked up at the sky.

For the first time in existence the sun was setting, but the moon stayed.

The moon never stayed. The moon always follows the sun. They are always togheter, never apart.

He then felt a pain in his heart that was unlike anything he had ever felt.
It was as if a part of him was being ripped out of him.

Without another word he started running. To where he didn't know. He only knew that he had to run.

His feet brought him to the flowery fields of his domain. The place where he and Selene had watched the sun and moon set togheter.

There lying among the tiny flowers was Selene.

She was so beautiful. She was wearing a beautiful gown, he hadn't even seen all the details that were sown into it when he had seen her in the ballroom. Her hair was spread around her like a halo and a her lips were slightly parted and her eyes were closed.

His eyes than fell on the blade that lay burried inside of her chest, right where her heart lies. That was no average blade, it was the only blade in existence known to be able to kill a god.

He let himself fall to his knees as he put her head on his lap.

"S-Selene?"
He whispered to her.

Her eyes slowly opened slightly.
She looked up at him and smiled.

"Life without you... is not worth living."
She said in a whisper.

"No, no, but I am here! I am right here!"

"Maybe in another life, you could love me."
She said as she struggled to utter the words.

"I love you."
She said with her last breath.

And then Selene was no longer

And from that moment on the moon and the sun will never be toghether in the sky again.

Or will they?

-