Chapter 45

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! <3 I hope you all have had or will have an amazing Valentine's Day, whether if it's with your significant other, family, friends, or even by yourself lol. :) I just wanna say that I love you guys so much and that I really appreciate every single one of you who reads my story. xoxo

Hope you'll enjoy the read! ;)

•••

Jisoo stood outside the entrance of Jeguk Hotel as she hesitates to head inside.

She already had a bad feeling about this.

Ever since her breakdown yesterday, Jennie and Chaeyoung has been giving her worried looks. They constantly asked her what was going on, in which she always found a way to dodge their questions.

She didn't want to burden them with her problems.

Not yet.

Not when she's still unsure of what she would find out. If it was true that her parents' death wasn't caused by an accident, she didn't want to possibly put them at risk.

Taking a deep breath, she forced her legs to move as she walked inside the hotel.

Jisoo glances around the lobby as she looks for anyone suspicious, when her phone starts to ring. She took a second to look at the screen before answering.

Jisoo: Hello?

Caller: Are you here?

Jisoo: I'm in the main lobby.

Caller: Come to room 302b.

Without waiting another second, Jisoo made her way towards the elevator.

•••

Jisoo knocked on the door. After a few moments, the door opens, revealing a man in his late forties.

The man standing before Jisoo, was none other than Jung Il Woo. He stares at her with pity, a grim look painted on his face.

Il Woo: Kim Jisoo-shi?

Jisoo nodded as she cautiously watched the elder man. Il Woo glances around the hallway, making sure that no one was in sight, before ushering Jisoo inside.

He closes the door and gestures for Jisoo to take a seat.

Il Woo: Would you like anything to drink?

Jisoo: Do you really think I'm in the mood for a drink right now?

Il Woo releases a sigh as he took a seat across from Jisoo.

Jisoo: Tell me. What was the reason behind my parents' death?

Il Woo looks into Jisoo's pleading eyes as he pushed down the building guilt gnawing at his heart. Taking a deep breath, he nodded before taking out a copy of the newspaper written about the accident.

Il Woo: Do you remember the story that you had been told? The story that the authorities had told you about the accident?

Jisoo nodded.

Jisoo: They said that the wheels on my parents' car lost traction, and so they had drove off the ledge.

Il Woo releases a sigh.

Il Woo: That wasn't the true story... It was just a cover up for what had actually happened.

Jisoo watches as the elder man picked up the newspaper and points at a spot on the picture.

Il Woo: Look at the tracks marks, your parent's car hadn't been the only one at the crime scene.

Jisoo gazes at where Il Woo was pointing and noticed that the elder man was right. The track marks in the photo couldn't have been made by just one car.