Chapter 44: Reese

I was walking along the seashore, with my shoes in my hand, humming to a song. I was beginning to feel cold but for some reason, I wanted to stay for a little more. The beach was just illuminated by the moonlight, reflecting on the ocean. It had been a long time since I didn't come here, and it felt like home again.

My hair was blowing in the breeze and my feet relaxed under the sand. I saw a shirtless guy running towards me. I glanced away and kept on walking, but when he was about to pass me, he stopped in his tracks.

"Martina?" He asked.

I turned to face him with a frown. No way. My best friend in highschool. The guy who I lost my virginity to.

"Reese?" I asked confused. "Oh my God." I said opening my mouth wide and giving him a smile.

"Long time no see." He said surprised, smiling too. "You know, I would give you a hug, but I'm covered in sweat." He said making a face.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." I chuckled. "How are you? What have you been doing?" I mumbled still a little in shock.

"I'm at a flight school. I'm on vacation now." He said with a little smile.

"Wow, I didn't know you wanted to be a pilot." I said surprised.

"I honestly didn't know either." He chuckled. "What about you? Tell me you're studying engineering." He said opening his eyes wide and rolling them.

I laughed. "I am. I was a little bit annoying, right?"

"You've always been kind of annoying." He said shrugging amusedly. I hit his arm and laughed. "What are you doing here? I mean, here at the beach. At night."

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I came for a walk."

"It's late." He remarked glancing at his watch.

"What time is it?" I mumbled looking for my phone in my pockets. "Shit, I let my phone at home."

"It's near eleven."

"Okay, time to go home." I chuckled.

"Wait, I'll go with you. Let me grab my things, they're near that rock." He said pointing not too far away.

"Do you leave your things alone?" I asked following him.

"Do you see anybody here at the beach?" He said looking around amused.

"Well, me." I scoffed. "I could've taken your things."

"And you would have returned home with a t-shirt, a hoodie and a bottle of water. So lucky." He laughed.

I laughed rolling my eyes. He grabbed his things and put on his t-shirt. Thank god, I was having difficulties staring at him in the eyes. Those abs were not something you could ignore.

"Do you remember what we did here?" He asked with a smirk.

"Don't remind me." I laughed.

"I promise I've gotten a lot better at it." He chuckled putting a hand on his chest.

"Well, you couldn't get any worse." I said amused.

He laughed shaking his head. A suddenly cold air ran through my clothes and I shivered.

"Are you cold?" He didn't let me reply. "Take this." He said handing me his hoodie.

"It's okay, I'm-"

"Take it." He said stubbornly.

I grabbed it and put it on. "Joder, what a difference, thanks." I said letting out a breath.