Chapter 45: Kill

Ace was lying on my bed while I studied. I could tell he was way more relaxed now. He examined my whole bedroom, looking for something to embarrass me. He only found pictures from my childhood, which he found really cute, pictures of my friends and I, some medals and awards I won in highschool, and old drawings. He also found pictures from my really bad days, which he found interest in and asked me lots of questions. It was uncomfortable to say the least.

He said he thought he would find love letters or something like that, but he forgot I had never had a boyfriend and I definitely wasn't the type to send love letters to anyone.

He even dared to caress my cheek and told me that he would write one for me. He touched me, that was a step.

I was focused doing a problem when he began to talk.

"So." He sighed.

He always did that.

I raised my eyebrows and glanced at him, my pencil between my teeth.

"Who's that guy? Uh, Reese." He asked absentmindedly, looking at a small ball he was throwing and catching in the air.

"I told you. An old friend." I replied and continued with the problem.

"Just an old friend? You seemed really close in the pictures." He said biting his lips. He made me tell him all the names of the people who appeared in them, and I didn't miss the slight frown in his eyes when I said the name Reese.

"Yeah well, he was my best friend," I said distractedly, "and-" I cut myself off quickly. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell him more than that. I just hoped he hadn't heard me too well. I focused on my study again, trying to hide that I almost said something else.

"And?"

Shit.

"And?" I asked him, pretending that I was confused.

"You were about to say something else." He said catching the ball and looking at me. This time, he didn't throw it again.

I frowned and shook my head. "No, I wasn't."

"Martina, I just want to know a little bit about your past, you can tell me." He said softly sitting up against the headboard.

"I lost my virginity to him." I mumbled quickly, not looking at him.

"Okay." I heard him say. He stayed quiet for a bit and I glanced at him. He was looking at the ceiling, thinking. "It is not a 'jealous boyfriend' kind of question, I'm just curious-" he began and I stared at him. "- how many guys have you slept with?"

I took a deep breath and let the pencil on the table, staring at him. "Seven."

He tried to hide it but I saw his eyes widening a bit in surprise. "Counting me."

I shook my head slightly. "No." I replied lowly.

This time he didn't try to hide it, his eyes were open at their full capacity. "Holy shit." He mumbled stretching out the words.

I stared at him seriously. "If you're gonna judge me, there's the door." I said sharply and grabbed my pencil again to keep on studying.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He said getting up. He crouched down beside me and put one of his hands on my leg and the other one on the desk. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. "I'm not judging, you have the right to do with your body whatever you want. I'm just surprised that's all."

I moved my chair a little bit and turned around to face him. "You've slept with three more girls apart from me, it's not like there's a huge difference." I muttered.