━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 - 𝐏𝟐 ━━

A//N: A little on the short side. sorry!

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

"Guys, guys! This is crazy."

The boys had gone on some tangent, trying to debate what we should do. The three of them stood in a circle debating while I sat next to El, an arm around her trying to warm her up.

"We can't just wait around." Mike finished.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." Lucas said.

At that moment, Dustin jumped in.

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is."

"El can find them."

"No, Mike." I spoke up, grabbing all their attention. "Look at her, she's exhausted. She's already done more than enough for us in that last 24 hours alone. She's only human, she needs rest." I defended.

El didn't say anything, so she laid her head on my shoulder in a tired manner.

Mike frowned a little, indicating he knew that I had a point.

"I still think we should stick to the chief's plan." Dustin concluded.

"Exactly." Lucas eased. "We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing, remember?"

A small smile found its way onto my face. I'm glad Lucas is looking out for El. She's truly one of us now.

"Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." I chuckled at my brother's comment.

He wasn't wrong about that.

My head perked up when I saw him turn around start to exit the gym.

"Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike exclaimed.

"I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit."

"Are you serious?" Mike yells while Lucas trails off after my brother at the mention of pudding.

"El needs to be recharged!" Dustin finished, before disappearing past the gym doors with Lucas.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹

"Found it! I knew she was hoarding it."

Dustin and Lucas began grabbing as many cans of chocolate pudding as they could carry, as Dustin continued rambling about it.

"I knew it."

"Yeah."

"Always lying, saying she's out. Bald-faced liar." He turns over his shoulders, his arms overflowing with pudding cups. "MIKE! I FOUND THE CHOCOLATE PUDDING!"

I chuckled and shook my head as I watched the boys hoard their own new stash of pudding.

The three of us had joined Lucas and Dustin in the cafeteria. I was leaning my back against the doorway that separated the cafeteria from the kitchen, my arms folded as I waited for the supply of food. I wanted to let Mike and El have a moment alone so I kept my distance.