16

Why can I imagine these two laughing for hours and making funny YouTube videos together?😭🥰 ahh if only! They would be the cutest thing everrrrrrr #jilly

#jilly

Anyways, back to the chapter! Hope you enjoy. You know the drill with liking, commenting, sharing and giving me constructive criticism.

___

AMARA HAD a difficult choice to make. Either she was to leave and never think about the Justice League ever again, or go back and let them help her heal.

She wanted to heal. She didn't want to be afraid or feel empty anymore. She didn't want anymore sadness, and she knew that they would help her.

"Help me heal, and then I'm going. That's my proposition, take it or leave it." She says, looking up at them.

"I promise we'll help you. Let's go back to Gotham City." Bruce said, getting up from the table and leaving a hundred dollar bill.

~

"I'm only staying for a week. If you can't help me, that's fine. But I just wanna go." She says with disbelief.

Bruce then explained her childhood life. Her parents couldn't have any kids, and on a trip to Ethiopia, they visited an orphanage and found Amara. Her parents instantly fell in love with the infant. The Greek gods and Amazons strategically put Amara in this time for a reason. Darkness was coming, and Amara was a light. Not just for women, but for every single human being on earth. Most of her childhood, she would hurt kids on accident. Many times she'd give a kid a concussion, broken limb or sprained ankles in play fights and in sports. They never let her participate in any one-on-one sports. Kids would always beg to have Amara on their team because she was so fast and strong. But no one ever asked why. From the beginning, her parents knew of her special abilities. The people at the orphanage told them (her parents) that she was a gift from the gods and above. On top of that, she was smart. Very smart, maybe even way too smart. Since she was carved and enhanced by the gods after her reign as Princess of Ethiopia, and went to marry Perseus, she was known as more Greek. They made her better than any warrior, even Diana. She thought 90% faster and more logical than any other person. She had graduated high school at 15. She got full scholarships everywhere. By 19, she was done with university at Oxford, in England. And now, she was a hero turned bad.

"Here are some pictures and videos of your childhood." Victor said, and handed a box to the Greek warrior.

"Look over and think. Take a couple days. I know it's a lot to take in. But we'll be here when you want to know more." Bruce continued, and she nodded.

She went upstairs, and immediately met Arthur's green eyes. Her light brown—amber eyes were full of sadness and darkness. Arthur was distraught and felt alone without Amara. He missed her laugh, her smile, his lips on hers, and their hours of talking about life. She was just someone else now. And he didn't know how to react. Should he try to be friends again and hopefully blossom into an even better relationship than before? Or just let her go. He didn't know.

Arthur was drinking whiskey at the bar in the kitchen of the mansion. Bruce Wayne obviously had a whole bar, his superpower is being rich.

"May I sit and drink with you?" She asked, before walking over to the bar and sitting down next to him.

"Sure. What would you like whiskey or vodka?"

"Whichever is fine,"

"Vodka it is." He said, pouring her a drink.

"Thanks. Do you happen to know where my clothes are? Alfred told me my clothes and belongings were here. I'm staying in a hotel nearby." She asked the green eyed Atlantean.

"Yeah, let me show you."

The two take the elevator, which is pretty awkward. Elevators are always awkward.

Amara closed her eyes and a memory of the two in the elevator came back to her.

Flashback starts now

"Arthur, stop! You're so annoying." Amara said jokingly with a huge smile on her face. Arthur was touching her in all sorts of places.

"No, but I love touching you." He replied, placing one of his hands on her face and the other somewhere else.

She was blushing like crazy. Arthur had a small smirk on his face.

"Hey, stop. Babe, not here." She replies.

He turns her around to face her, since her back was against his chest.

Amara gets on her tippy toes and pecks him on the lips. The second the elevator opened, she ran out.

"Hey! Come back here!" Arthur said, laughing and ran out of the elevator to chase her.

Flashback ends

"Amara you there?" Arthur asked.

She had zoned out thinking about the new memory.

"Y-Yeah. I'm here. I didn't know we are a thing. I mean were." She said, stepping out of the elevator.

"Your clothes are over there. In the closet and dresser. And we weren't just a thing. It was a relationship. And I still have feelings for you." He said, before taking a step closer to her.

"Arthur, we can't be together. I am bad for you. I am a terrible person. I kill. I destroy. I tear families apart. Arthur, have you seen what I can do? It is too much. It's not human. I don't wish this much power on anyone. It sucks to be a god. I am the goddess of chaos, ruin, rage, strategic fighting and destruction. It hurts to feel this much power running through my veins. I have too much power and others don't have any. I will ruin you. I will make you bad. You are a good man, with a good heart. You need someone like you, not like me. I'm not the same girl you met a year ago."

"Look, I need you. For the two months that you were gone, there was not a day that I didn't go out looking for you. And I do not care. I forgive you for all of that. That wasn't even you."

"We just can't. It's over. I'm too different. I want a fresh start."

"You know what? Amara, if I'm gonna regret anything before you go, it'll be this."

He grabs her face and kisses her on the lips. Everything in Amara's mind and body is telling her to stop. To let him go. To pull back. To stop giving him hope. But she couldn't. Her body liked the feeling of their bodies pressed against each other. Her lips against was a feeling she didn't even know she craved.

She wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Arthur licked her bottom lip and she opened for him. Their tongues danced a silent song.

As they were kissing, they heard the rest of the team clapping and yelling downstairs. That made them pull back, smiling.

"Are they?" She asked.

"Cheering for us? Yeah. Look at that camera over there, stalking us." He said and pointed at the camera at the other side of the room.

She smiled, and placed her head on his chest.

Even though she didn't remember what they had before, all she knew is that this felt good.