APG vs. PT (17-18)

Tang Zhongyi silently sent Doctor Zhang lao away, who shook his head and sighed.

He carried Ning Zhao, who was like a puppet in his arms, out of the hospital.

Back at home, the Tang Family were waiting for news. They each had their own matters to attend to, and it was impossible to keep watch day and night, like Tang Zhongyi.

Mother Tang was the first to greet him: "How is Zhaozhao?"

She looked at Ning Zhao, who was quiet and staring blankly in Tang Zhongyi's arms, and felt relieved. However, looking at her son's expression, it looked like things were not all right.

Tang Zhongyi did not speak, but the Tang Family quickly discovered the same thing about Ning Zhao: She did not react to the outside world.

This was not the same as when she first came. At that time, although Ning Zhao did not talk or interact with other people, she had her own rules and knows what to do on time every day.

But the Ning Zhao now, even when eating, needed Tang Zhongyi to use a spoon to feed her, and she only knew how to open her mouth.

"This..." Mother Tang immediately turned away to secretly cry.

The Tang Family's Eldest Young Master, Tang Zhongqing, said in a lowered voice: "I already asked all the servants in the house. They have not mentioned anything about Zhaozhao's parents in front of her."

Tang Zhongyi said coldly: "Then how did Zhaozhao know? Could it be that Uncle Ning and his wife visited her in her dreams?"

Tang Zhongqing also had a puzzled face. He had people check the whereabouts of everyone from 5:00 to 7:00 PM two days ago. Everyone had an alibi, and no one had gone to Ning Zhao's room.

"I will bring Zhaozhao back to the room first." Seeing that Ning Zhao had eaten enough, Tang Zhongyi got up, took Ning Zhao's hand, and left.

"Hey, let your Lin sao help clean Zhaozhao..." Mother Tang thought of this and said.

"No need, I'll do it." Tang Zhongyi said in a deep voice.

"This..." Mother Tang.

Father Tang frowned: "Preposterous! Tang Zhongyi, do you know what you are saying?"

Tang Zhongyi tenderly looked at Ning Zhao: "I don't feel reassured entrusting Zhaozhao to anyone else anymore."

The Tang Family was shocked as they watched Tang Zhongyi lead Ning Zhao away.

"Tang Zhongyi, he..." Tang Zhongqing felt somewhat dumbstruck.

Mother Tang, however, suddenly felt relieved: "Forget it, just let him be. This stinky brat had already told me before that he would only choose Zhaozhao in this life."

"He said such a thing to you?" Father Tang stared at her, "You did not tell me!"

However, he thought that this was also good. With Zhaozhao like that, if she married into someone's home, they would not feel at ease. They could still be reassured with their second son's conduct. People like their Tang Family did not need the prestige of a noble daughter-in-law.

Since Zhongyi was willing, then let him be.

Tang Zhongyi took Gu Shengyin into the room and let her sit alone on the bed.

"Wait for me. I will give you a bath." Tang Zhongyi not immediately starting his task was not because of Gu Shengyin not responding. Every time he did something, he would talk to Gu Shengyin, as if they were two people having an ordinary chat.