27| Cursed

My eyes glared Francis down as the rumbling white boat sailed away down the powerful river. His eyes were menacing and behind them his head plotting his next move. As soon as we drifted out of sight I let out a sigh of relief.

I didn't expect Francis to be here, but I should have.

"(Y/n)... What are you doing here with Atsushi?"

I turned around to see Kyōka holding Atsushi as he rubbed his head, the spot where the impact hit him from being flung into the wall. Kyōka looked confused, eyebrows raised and a little concern in her deep purple eyes. Of course, Kyōka never new what had happened. The last time we met was a few months back.

"It's a little complicated, Kyōka..." I sighed. My mind trailed back on all the events that had played out that had lead me here: Meeting Dazai, Immense Lustre and the Medicine, Francis... getting possibly sacked by the Mafia. These few months had switched my life around all too suddenly, and now I couldn't explain what I was really doing.

"Are you and Dazai seeing each other?" She quickly asked. She must of thought that since I was with Atsushi who was part of the Agency too.

"I-I uh..."

Atsushi looked up at me as I stuttered, his mismatched eyes putting pressure on my answer. Atsushi... did he know about our feelings towards each other? Did Dazai tell him that we might have... been very close these past few days?

"I... don't exactly know."

It was silent between us. The rumble and the flow of the water between us. I looked away as I thought deeper about that question...

We had meet up a few time and yes we got a bit saucy... Especially when he came over to mine and at the Agency yesterday... Nothing was discussed about how we felt or if we wanted to return to our past relationship. Heck, I wasn't entirely sure if Dazai wanted it...

But I definitely knew what I hoped for between us.

"It's hard to explain, Kyouka. It really is..." I mutter.

"You and Dazai made me happy in the Mafia. Seeing you two together always felt right... It was strange seeing you two apart." She said, a smile in her pink lips.

I smiled too, looking down with a blush. Kyōka spoke of good memories filled with success, romance and full of long lasting good nights.

"I hope you do get back together..." she whispered.

"Em... sorry to interrupt, but..." Atsushi said, now standing up, "Kyōka where have you been?!"

My attention then turned to the surprised and relieved Atsushi, who pulled her into a warm hug. Kyōka wrapped her arms around the boys waist immediately,
"I'm... sorry, Atsushi."

"We've been looking for you everywhere, and I was so worried. You seem okay, you're okay aren't you?" He frantically asked.

"Yes.." she mumbled into his chest. Seeing Kyōka embracing Atsushi was heartwarming, and a little surprise to see how close they'd become. The Agency has changed her heart, and I'm glad Akutagawa had let her go. In the Mafia, she opened up to a very small number of people. As pleasing as it was, I was concerned about what Atsushi was speaking about.