Chapter 46: Juvy

**Trigger warning: eating disorder**

"Couldn't you just open the do-"

I stopped talking when I saw that he did open the door. I finished walking down the stairs and saw an old lady standing at my door. Her grey chignon and her thin metallic glasses resting on her nose unmistakably. My neighbor.

Oh God. She was one of the noisiest people in the world. She smiled when she saw me and I did the same. Ace was beside me as we approached the door. My brother had disappeared in a matter of seconds.

"Hello, Mrs. Westcott." I said smiling tightly.

"Hello, sweetie, how are you?" She gave me a hug and pulled away grabbing me by the shoulders. "Let me see. You look much better than the last time I saw you!"

"I know, I know." My tight smile not leaving my face.

"Still a little bit thin, though." She muttered to herself. "And who is this handsome young man?" She checked Ace out.

"He is my boyfriend, Ace." Ace extended his hand.

"Nice to meet you." He said politely.

"My pleasure." She laughed nervously as they shook hands. Her gaze locked back on me. "I'm sorry honey, I just came from my son's house and I saw there was a different car and I remembered it was yours, so I decided to come and say hi."

"Yeah, we arrived yesterday." I said nodding with a little smile.

"So how are you?" She asked opening her eyes wider and checking me out.

"I'm good. Studying a lot." I remarked.

"I mean, how are you..." She approached her face a little and lowered her voice. "With your problem."

"Much better, Mrs. Westcott, you don't have to worry." I said grinding my teeth.

"Oh, so you eat now?" She said raising her voice. I could feel Ace stiffening beside me. "Can I bring you some muffins that I just made, then?" She said cocking her head.

"Sure." The muscles in my face ached from faking my smile.

"Wait here honey, I'll just bring them." And she turned around and walked towards her house.

"Is she for real?" Asked Ace beside me peeking his head from the door to follow my neighbor with his gaze.

I looked at him pursing my lips and nodding slowly. "She isn't very delicate."

"I can see that." His eyes fixed on the other house. He turned around quickly and his eyes bored into mine. "Are you okay?" He said placing a hand on my waist.

"Yeah, she's always been like this. If I could handle her when I was at my worst, I can handle her now."

He gave me a worried look and I saw how he hesitated to speak again. "What-" he cleared his throat slightly "-what was your worst?"

I opened my mouth when my neighbor appeared again. "Here they are!" She said raising a basket that had twice the size of her head. So much strength for that little body.

Ace grabbed the basket. I didn't miss how his eyes opened a little bit wider when he noticed the weight.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Westcott."

"Is your mother at home, darling?"

"No, but I'll tell her you've asked for her." I said nodding eagerly. "Now, if you excuse us Mrs. Westcott we have to go, we were studying before."

"Of course, of course!" She stepped back. "I'm glad to see you're as gorgeous as you've always been. And I'm glad to see you finally have a boyfriend. And a really attractive man, let me tell you!"