08:

It seemed like the day had wings as we worked on the concept book. Adam made sure to let Kay know that it was my idea that we were following, with out question. Once checked, double checked and checked again, it was all distributed amongst our team to get to work. Things seemed to be taking steps in the right direction and we all seemed to feel a bit of weight fall off of our shoulders. The hardest part was over, all that was left now was the execution.

"Fuuucccc.... I have GOT to call Mrs. Shonda to get this head of mine fixed." I searched my contact list for her name and dialed, praying she had an opening today.

"Hey, missy! Wassup?" She always had the happiest of moods. Just hearing her voice made me smile.

"Heyyy, Mrs. Shonda! I have a huge favor to ask. You got any openings right now?"

"Yeah, baby. Come on to the shop. What happened?"

As I hopped in my car, I covered my face with embarrassment, "I forgot to wear my scarf last night...." I could feel her judgment through the receiver.

"Ky, you know better."

"I know, I know.... it just kindaaaa.... happened."

She sighed. "Come on, I'll get it freshened up for you."

"Thank you! You want me to bring you anything on my way over?"

"Girl, you know what I like!"

"I gotchu." I hung up and just as I cranked up, I heard a knock at my window. I look up to see Christian standing there waving like an idiot, "What do you want?" I say partially annoyed, knowing damn well I was happy to see his face despite it being literally in front of me ALL day.

He smiled, easily reading through my brash tone, "Dinner?"

And as much as I wanted to say yes... "I can't. Gotta go get my hair fixed."

He, despite my small sense of urgency, seemed unfazed, "Oh-Kay, we get your hair fixed, then get dinner." He responded, looking awfully content.

"We?" I raised my brow at him, to which he gave a childlike grin.

"I didn't stutter."

He stood there, rocking back and forth on his heels, waiting for an answer. I rolled my eyes and sighed, giving him the once over, "...fine. Follow me." I say with a click of the automatic window button, him happily trotting off to his car.

-🌻-

"Chile what did you do?" Mrs. Shonda had her hands on her hips as I walked through the shop door, her Large caramel macchiato and bag of goodies in hand.

"Don't be mad! I come baring gifts!" Handing over the bag and cup from my fav coffee place.

"Mmhm, we shall see when we take off that scar-" she froze, looking over my shoulder up to the door behind me, "Uh... c-can I help you?"

I turn to see Christian walking through the door shortly after me, his hands full with our small haul, "Oh.... uhh" I give a small nervous laugh... "He's with me." ..knowing how this would play out.

Her eyes darted back and forth between us, and grew wide, "Oh so HE did this?" Here we go.... "Well damn, that explains a lot."

The two of them started grinning as I tried to reconcile the explanation of my hair emergency, "No. NO. I just fell asleep." I said, taking a seat in her chair, him handing me my coffee and bag, lips pursed as he tried to fight back a laugh.

"Mmmhm. And what exactly made you so tired?" Her eyes darted up at as she started to unwrap my scarf, him taking a seat near the window. When he sat down, them making eye contact, she made sure to give him a wink, "Okay, it's not that bad at least. Quick treatment and you'll be good tah go, baby. And YOU..." she catches Christian right as he's taking a sip, "..try not to mess it up so much next time, oh-KAY?"