Lesson Eighteen

Lesson Eighteen - Never Hold Grudges, Remember Facts.

It was the day of my mother's weddings and I really couldn't actually careless.

The whole thing was a joke.

It sounded like I was the worst daughter in the world right now but it was the truth. Weddings weren't forever in the type of life we had.

Wives and husbands come and go quicker than you could sometimes blink. There isn't one top 1% family in this city that have been in a marriage only once.

Plus I knew what the Kennedy's were planning with this marriage and I wasn't one bit amused.

My farther was still in the works with his lawyers to stop the stupid bitch from making us lose millions. She better be smart enough to at least sign a prenup.

Probably not.

Looking at myself in the full length mirror in my room I was impressed at the sight. Mom might be a pain in the ass most days but she did know fashion.

Even I was going to admit I looked good, even if it did make me sound big headed. I was wearing a lovely burgundy coloured dress that was tight around my waist and chest. It showed off all my curves in the right placed. The rest of the dressed flowed around me to the ground. I was wearing silver strapped opened toed high heels and a silver necklace worth at least fifty grand. My hair fell around my shoulders in waves to my waist and my makeup was done simple but still highlighted all the right features.

"So what do you think?" Asked Megan my stylist as she started to pack up all her things. "Your mom didn't want me going over the top with the makeup, not that you need much anyway."

"No, it's perfect Megan, thank you." I said sincerely. Megan always knew what I wanted even when I did know what I wanted done myself.

Megan's work was always perfect. She has been my stylist from I was fourteen. Megan was now thirty and very pretty, sometimes when I looked at her I couldn't help but feel jealous of her skin. It was always perfect, it was like she was wearing foundation but she never did it, it was just her.

"Miss Lyra." I looked over to the door to see Richard our family butler standing at the door. He too was invited to the wedding but he said he would prefer to help set up the event. So he was going to go over to the Kennedy's house soon to help.

"Yes?" I asked looking away from the mirror to Richard. He looked at me like a proud father would do to his daughter.

"You look stunning Miss Lyra."

"Thank You Richard." The grin never left my face. It was always the best feeling to get a compliment from the people you were the closest too.

"Mr Riker Kennedy is here to take you to the church." I nodded and groaned in annoyance.

Of course he was. Being one of my mothers bridesmaids for what ever reason she thought that was a good idea. Riker was also one of his fathers groomsmen.

In the end of course that meant we were paired together in my mother's fantasy world.

"I'll be down in a minute."

Richard nodded politely before walking out of the room. I took one last look in the mirror to make sure everything was in place before getting my small bag and throwing my phone into it. I wouldn't need much else anyway seeing as everything was paid for anyway.

Walking down the stairs I heard a wolf whistle and looked up to see Riker standing at the bottom of the stairs leaning again the wall. I was going to admit I looked him over as I felt his eyes do the same to me.