Chapter 30: Bloody War

Saturday
15th August 2019

2:45 p.m

Omniscient

Mahogany opened the door and there stood Kain

Mahogany opened the door and there stood Kain. She couldn't help but put a smile on her face. Although she hasn't seen him in a while, it was good to see his face again. He smiled and showed her the flowers that he had gotten her. Between the roses were hundred dollar bills which made Maggie smile even harder. He stepped forwards and they both shared the longest hug. Maggie closed her eyes and took in the cologne that he had on.

"I missed you." He kissed her deeply before releasing.

"These are for you, m'lady." He smiled.

"Thank you, Kain." She received the flowers from him, "I missed you too.".

"Come on in." She stepped aside.

He walked into her little house that she shared with her room mate and sat on the couch, "Am I going to be meeting your roomie?" He asked.

"Ew, don't use that word." Maggie laughed as she put the flowers to the side.

"But, no. She's out." She took a seat beside Kain.

"How's my princess?" He kissed her bump.

"How do you know if it's a girl?" She laughed as he rubbed her bump.

"I just know it is." He laughed, "But for real? Is the baby good?".

"Yeah, there's nothing to worry about." Maggie smiled.

"Good." He said nodding his head.

They sat in silence for a while until they both spoke at the same time, "I've got something to tell you..." They stopped and laughed.

"Go ahead, yours sounds more important...I guess.".

"A'ight, okay here it goes...." He took a deep breath, "Mahogany..." He stood up then got down on one knee.

"Kain...! What're you doi—"

"Please, just listen." He said.

She folded her arms, "I just wanted to apologize for what I had done. You may not accept this apology because we've become distant but I want us to stop being away from each other. I ain't ever gotten down on one knee asking for any girl for forgiveness. You're the first and that means that you real special, which you are. I love with my all and I'll do anything to protect you but the fact that you got taken away shows that I had failed you. Please, forgive me, Maggie." He said.

She was speechless, "I don't really have anything to say but I do love you too, Kain. And  I forgive you. I guess I was just afraid to be around you because of what had happened. I want this to work again." She smiled.