Chapter 17 - Antidote

(Annabelle's POV)

I felt Peter smile into the kiss. And when I broke away he was still smiling like an idiot.

"Well say something!" I encouraged him. "I just told you I love you and you just stand there smi-" Peter brought me in for another kiss. I smiled this time.

"How's that for saying something?" He asked.

"Smart-ass." I mumbled. Peter pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry I took so long to say it."

"I was just worried you were never going to." Peter admitted. I heard a crashing sound from behind us which reminded me that the school was under attack.

"What was that?" I asked.

"It's Connors." Peter looked around the hallway we were in. He quickly scanned the trophy shelves.

"What are you looking for?" He ignored my question and grabbed a trophy off the shelf. He then threw it at the window causing it to break. I stood there wide eyed. "Peter, what the hell?" I yelled. He ignored me again and grabbed me.

"I'm gonna throw you out the window now."

"Excuse me?" Before I knew what was happening Peter picked me up and tossed me out the window. I quickly let out a scream and covered my eyes. He shot his web at me and attached it to the side of the building. "What the hell!" I yelled. I detached myself from the web and ran to the front of the school. I quickly found Gwen.

"There you are!" She said as I approached her and she pulled me into a hug. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Sorry, I was a bit busy hunting down a spider that I had to talk to." I explained. Gwen let go super fast and stared at me shocked.

"Did you tell him?" She asked. I nodded.

"I did and after we talked, he threw me out me out of a window." Gwen looked shocked.

"He threw you out a window?" I nodded again and grabbed Gwen's arm pulling her through the crowd. Once we were away from everyone, I continued my explanation.

"He was protecting me, Connors was coming and I had no where to hide." I answered simply. I pulled out my phone, went into my contacts and selected Peter's name.

"What are you doing?" Gwen asked.

"I'm calling Peter, I need to make sure he's ok." I hit call and it rang a few times before he answered.

"Hey." Peter answered.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine. I'm ok. I'm down in the sewer, tracking him." Peter reassured me. "I gotta stop him before anyone gets hurt. But we need an antidote. Do you know how to run a serum?" He asked.

"Yeah, I do it all the time."

"Ok, great. I ne-"

"Why?" I interrupted him.

"If you'd let me speak I could tell you."

"Wow jeez, calm down there." I said laughing a little.

"I need you to go to Oscorp and access the cross-species file. It's a blue serum. File 12389." Peter explained and I quickly wrote down the number.

"I think I know that one, it sounds familiar. I'll head there now." I told him. "Be safe." I then hung up and looked over at Gwen. "Come on, we're going to Oscorp." I said and grabbed her arm again.

"Why?" She inquired.

"Peter needs the antidote for Connors, so we're gonna make it." I answered. She nodded.