Chapter 19 - Never Let Me Go

(Annabelle's POV)

Today was the day of Captain Stacy's, my father's, funeral. Of course today of all days it had decided to rain, only adding to the already sad mood. I was currently standing outside in the rain, staring at Peter's house. I wanted to go over there but for some reason I couldn't get my legs to move. A car that flew by and honked its horn finally broke me out of my trance so I walked across the street. I hesitated before actually knocking on Peter's door. I was hoping May wouldn't open and for once luck was on my side because Peter opened it.

"Oh my god, Belle, you're soaked." He gasped and pulled me inside. Once inside I slipped my shoes and jacket off. "Lets go get you a towel and some dry clothes." I followed Peter upstairs to his room. "Are you ok?" Peter asked as he dug through his closet. "You've barely said anything to me." After he said that I broke down into tears. Peter pulled me into a hug immediately. I hugged him back and buried my face in his shirt. I cried for a few minutes. After I finished crying I pulled away from Peter and wiped my eyes dry. I looked at Peter's tear-stained and water soaked shirt.

"Sorry about your shirt." I mumbled quietly.

"It's fine, that's what it's here for." He said. Peter passed me a towel, a shirt and pants. "I'll step out for a minute so you can change." Once he closed the door, I used the towel to soak up as much water out of my hair so that it wouldn't drip. It was pretty short so it was easy to dry. I removed my soaked clothing and patted myself dry and slipped on the oversized shirt and pants but they were comfy so I didn't mind. I opened the door just as Peter came back up the stairs. He took the towel from my hand and gave my a plastic bag. "For your clothes." He explained. I nodded and put them in. "Now what can I do to make you happy?" He asked.

"Hold me and never let go." I answered. Peter pulled me into another hug.

"Ok." He laid down on his bed and pulled me down on top of him. I rested my head on his chest, just listening to the sound of his heart beat. We both fell asleep like this and it was nice. In each other's arms, without anything or anyone to bother us. We would have to talk after this, about everything that's happened but I just wanted to enjoy the moment.

-----------------

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up, but thankfully didn't wake Peter.

"Hello?" I answered without checking who was calling.

"Hey, it's Gwen." The voice answered. "I just wanted to see how you were doing."

"I should be asking you that." I said. I could hear her sigh.

"Yeah but he was your father too." She argued.

"You were closer with him than I was." I continued. "But before we just keep going back and forth. I'm fine, I'm holding together." Gwen wasn't ok and I knew it, her voice sounded like she had still been crying. I should be with her right now. "How are you?"

"I'm not ok." She answered and though I was saddened to hear her response I was relieved she was honest. "Would you be able to come over tomorrow?"

"Yes of course I can." I promised. "You text me and let me know when to come over and I'll be there, no matter what time."

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Ok bye." I said and hung up. I slid my phone back into my pocket. I tried to get Peter's arms off of me but he had a death grip on me. I looked at Peter's face and saw him smiling. The bastard was doing this on purpose. "Peter let me go." I said and tried to break free of his grip.

"Never. Not letting you go." He declared and held me even tighter. "You're mine forever!"

"Am I? Am I yours forever?"

"Well I mean if you want to be mine forever." He started to mumble and blush. I smiled and sat up.

"Of course I'm going to be yours forever, idiot." I laughed but then slowly frowned realizing we still hadn't talked. We had just pushed everything that had happened off to the side but we needed to talk or this could never work.

"What is it?" Peter asked as he sat up, noticing the sudden change in my mood.

"We need to talk." I stated and before he could as I continued. "About everything that happened."

"Ok." He said and nodded.

"I need to start by apologizing to you." I began. "I never took into consideration on how you felt about keeping your secret from everyone." I sighed and then continued. "I was being selfish and I'm sorry." Peter hugged me.

"You're already forgiven." He assured me and kissed the top of my head. "Are you still mad?" I shook my head.

"I think it's safe to say I'm over it." I answered.

"Really?"

"So much has happened that I think we just need to accept that secrets were kept and feelings were hurt but we're alive and ok." I concluded. Peter and I sat in silence for a moment.

"So then it's ok if I asked you to be my girlfriend now?" Peter suddenly asked. I pulled back from the hug and raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're telling me we're not dating already after I confessed my love for you in the hallway?" Peter laughed at my response and shrugged.

"Well I just thought it'd be nice to make it official." He admitted sheepishly. It was my turn to laugh.

"Alright, I'm waiting."

"Belle," He began. "Will you do me the honor of being girlfriend?" I rolled my eyes at his cheesy attempt to be romantic.

"Of course." I answered and kissed him happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's this? There's actually one more chapter? This wasn't the last one?

Yes there is one more chapter! I figured it was too weird to end at 19 chapters so I decided to make it 20! And this chapter was way too short to be the last one. So yeah.

I'm going to try and upload the final chapter tomorrow or Tuesday!

~Kai