{36} MY EXPERIENCE ATTRACTS ARTEMIS' MAIDENS {36}

Please read the A.N! Important stuff to discuss ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 7-14-18

Around one o'clock on Saturday morning, I was shook awake by Nico. I immediately sat up, curious as to why my little cousin was in the Poseidon cabin.

"What? What's wrong?"

He stared at me wide eyed. "It-it's Bianca. She's hurt, and the girls don't know what to do."

"Bianca got hurt?"

He nodded frantically. "You've got to come and help. Zoë told me to ask someone I trusted, but not Chiron. You can't tell Chiron, or else all of us will be in trouble. Please, Percy."

I nodded absentmindedly, climbing out from my bed and throwing on a Camp Half-Blood tee shirt. "Let's go."

I followed my youngest cousin out of my cabin and into the woods, which were pretty far from the cabins. He was wearing grey cargo pants and a plain black tee shirt, which wasn't his usual attire. He almost always had jeans or jean shorts on, with some sort of quirky graphic tee and a jacket. I supposed he wanted to blend into the darkness as to not be seen, and the scariest part was that the little eleven year old did.

Eventually we found ourselves at a large cleared out area just about smack in the center of the forest. There was a small huddle of girls, all cloaked in silvery-grey clothes.

"Whoa," I said.

One of the girls, Zoë Nightshade, stood and stalked toward us. Her long brown hair was in a braid, pinned back with a silver headband, and her dark eyes intimidated me, even though she was only fourteen. She shifted her gaze from me to Nico, then back to me, and finally rested her heavy stare on him again.

"You chose him?" she asked, dumbfounded. "Percy Jackson was your trusted advisor?"

Nico scrunched up his face. "Yes. Do you want his help or not?"

She ran her eyes over me from head to toe, before sighing and turning back to Bianca. I followed her, as did Nico.

"We were practicing archery," Zoë hastily explained, "and a stray arrow managed to hit her arm. We aren't sure if an artery was punctured or not, seeing as we are more similar to Artemis, and not her healer twin. I was hoping that you'd grab an Apollo kid, but Percy will have to do."

"I can go grab Will," Nico piped helpfully.

"Although that would have been greatly appreciated ten minutes ago, we need to do something now. We may be running out of time," Zoë admitted.

He nodded sadly, staring at his big sister.

"Why can't you just ask Chiron?" I asked. "This seems really serious."

I kneeled down and gently inspected Bianca's arm as Zoë told me why. "We're already breaking the rules, and we have no idea what the consequences could be. We should have been using the safety arrows, but we thought we were skilled enough. Also," she admitted, "we're an independent group of young women. We thought we'd be able to handle this without any help."

"Right." I looked into Bianca's eyes. "The arrow isn't in a vein, just pure muscle tissue. I think we need to get to the nearest stream or river, where ever there is fresh running water. We need to rinse this thing out as soon as it's open. Can you stand?"

Bianca nodded, so I tenderly pulled her up by her uninjured left arm. She couldn't really walk quickly, so I lifted her up and cradled her against my chest.