Sunday Morning Hangover's and Supermodel Ex's

The next morning I woke up with a groan. My head was pounding, and I felt nauseated. I opened one eye and saw that Chris was still sleeping. His eyes fluttered open and he gave me half a smile.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I moaned.

"I'll order some greasy breakfast." He said shutting his eyes again. "That'll help."

30 minutes later I was sitting in bed with a tray of breakfast plates in front of me. I picked at some toast and grapes desperately wanting to get a hot shower.

"You and Hailee take home MVP's from last night." Chris said coming out of the bathroom and lying down on the bed next to me. Propping himself up with his elbow he grabbed a handful of grapes, popping them in his mouth one by one.

"Yeah we shut it down." I rolled my eyes with a wince.

Chris laughed, "Did you take the Advil? It'll help with the hangover."

"Yes I took some. I still feel like crap. I'm trying to make my way to the shower."

"How 'bout I start the water for you?" He offered.

"Thanks." I smiled gratefully, "How are you not hungover?"

"I didn't party as hard as you."

"I blame Hailee." I carefully swung my legs over the side of the bed and pushed myself to stand up.

Hailee and I became instant BFF's the night before. We had a blast hopping from bar to bar, dancing on the bars at some, singing karaoke at another. But now I was regretting drinking so much.

Chris's phone went off and he smiled as he read the incoming text. "Chad said Hailee is hungover too. But they want to grab lunch before you go home."

"Ok, I need an hour-long shower though."

"Want company?" He raised his eyebrow seductively at me tossing his phone on the bed.

"Sure." I walked past him grabbing the belt of the fluffy bathrobe he had on, untying it as I did so. He let it fall off from him as he followed me shoving his boxers off as well before pushing me into the bathroom where not much showering actually happened.

We had lunch in the hotel's restaurant. Chad and Hailee had met us there and thankfully both Hailee and I looked a lot better than we felt.

"Oh my gosh girl. I am so sorry I got you so trashed last night." Hailee immediately apologized to me.

"It's ok." I waved it off with a laugh.

"Great first impression of myself." She rolled her eyes. "Come to the bathroom with me? I need to touch-up my face. I still feel shitfaced."

I had to agree I did to as I pushed my chair out and walked with her to the bathroom.

"I'm so glad that Chris and you got back together. He was really depressed without you." Hailee said from her bathroom stall.

"Really? I didn't realize you knew him that well."

"I've known Chris for years. I introduced him to Chad when he was dating my cousin."

"Chris dated your cousin?" I asked.

"Yeah." Hailee opened the stall door and came out adjusting her pants. "For like 2 months." She shrugged. "It wasn't anything real special. But we did hang out a few times and he and Chad hit it off and I adore Chris. I'm happy for you both."

"Who's your cousin?" I asked.

"Kasey Davenport."

Kasey Davenport was the Victoria's Secret model who Chris had filmed the latest Gucci ad with back in December.

"How did I not know they dated?" I wondered out loud more to myself then Hailee.

"Oh they weren't very public about it. I mean behind closed doors, but they were barely together long enough. If the paparazzi got any pictures it was a group outing." Hailee stopped, "Oh my gosh, you didn't know and I just blurted it out so casually. I'm sorry. But he and Kasey were a long time ago."

"How long?"

"At least a year or so. But it was only for a few months. I think they were on opposite ends of the country most of the relationship."

We walked back out to join the boys at the table and I smiled through gritted teeth. I wasn't mad that Chris had dated Hailee's cousin. I was mad that he filmed an intimate Gucci ad with her and didn't feel the need to tell me that they were dating at some point. And how did he think I wouldn't find out now that I was friends with Hailee.

After lunch I said goodbye to Hailee and Chad. Hailee and I swapped numbers and she insisted that I make plans to come for a weekend soon.

Chris and I took the elevator back up to our room, so I could grab my suitcase. The moment the door shut behind us I turned to Chris.

"Kasey Davenport is your ex?" I blurted out.

"Hailee told you." He sighed.

"Yeah, she thought I knew. Why didn't I know?"

"I didn't want you to freak out when I went to film the ad." He sat down on the bed. "I know it was idiotic. I should have been up front with you."

"Yeah you should have."

"But would you have been ok with it?" He asked.

"Probably not." I admitted. "But you still should have told me."

"Are we ok?"
I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah."

"Good." He reached out and pulled me into his arms. "I love you."

"Love you too."

"You should probably get on the road. Are you sure you can't stay one more night?"

"I can't miss work. You leave for San Francisco in the morning?"

He nodded. "I have 3 more weeks of filming and then I'll be in LA."

"So I'll see you...."

"As soon as I can get to Boston. And if you can fly out to San Fran or LA I will book you on a flight, you just say the word."

I thought about what Hailee had said about Kasey and Chris being on opposite ends of the country most of their relationship. But looking into Chris's deep blue eyes I pushed it to the back of my mind and pulled him towards me for a kiss.