↠One Against All - 021

"Everything will be okay in the end

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end"

― O N E A G A I N S T A L L ―

It was just one of those days where the cloudy sky that leaked water and cursed the land with a chilling breeze. It was making the castle grounds reek with doom and gloom. Sage was standing in front of the courtyard with her hands together at her stomach. She was wearing a slim white gown that complimented her body. James Potter and Sirius Black were wrestling around while Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew stood off to the side and laughed at their friends. "Herb! You're just gonna stand there and let your boyfriend get beat up like this?" James called out to her with his arms outstretched, making a smile come upon her face. "He's a big boy! He can handle himself!" Sage called out back to him.

Sirius stood up from the ground and looked at her with fake pain. "Love, I thought we were better than that!" The boy put his hand over his heart and let out a cry. "Look what you've done to him, Herb! Come out here and give your poor boyfriend a hug!" James started walking towards her. Sage took a few steps backward and her smile fell. "James, it's raining, I don't want to get wet," Sage put her hands up as a warning. The boy only laughed and kept walking towards her. "Sirius! Love!" She called out to her boyfriend with pleading eyes. "Oh, is that the sound of a traitor I hear?" Sirius cupped his ears like he was trying to hear something.

"James! No! I- I will hurt you!" Sage was laughing as he was right in front of her now. "Please don't, I'm wearing white and you'll be able to my garments!" She was begging him. "We're all friends here, Herb," James quickly grabbed her and lifted her up into the air. "James Potter! Put me down!" James ran into the courtyard and spun around. The rain started to soak into her dress and the breeze sent a chill down her spine. "Having fun, Princess?" Sirius asked her with a smirk after James finally let her down. "I'm soaked," Sage said with defeat. "So am I, Princess, but I'm still enjoying myself," Sirius started walking forwards.

He stopped when he was inches away from her. "Will a hug make it better?" He asked. Sage looked at him like he was ridiculous and started laughing. "No, Love, I think that'll make it worse," She shook her head at him. "Oh, but I think it will!" Sirius enveloped her in a tight hug. "What is up with you lot all wanting to hold me today?" Sage questioned quietly and she hugged him back. "Your majesty." A voice said in a deep tone. Sage moved away from Sirius and looked over to see her headmaster. The boys laughing came quickly to an end.

ーーー

Sage was sitting in front of Dumbledore with her legs pulled up against her chest. The two of them sat in silence, the only sound was the soft sobs coming from the teenage girl. "Ms. Mary?" Dumbledore looked up towards her and frowned. "Would you like his wand?" Sage put a hand to her mouth and nodded, she eyes swollen and face completely red. Her head was pounding. The old man stood up and walked up his office stairs to get Jaspers wand.

Her ears were ringing so loud it was like the world around didn't exist and she was floating in the oblivion. Professor McGonagall walked into the room with a gloomy face and stared at the back Sage's chair. Slowly, she approached the girl and sat in the chair next to her. "He was a fighter, your Majesty, don't think for a second he went down without one," The woman's voice cracked as she spoke to her student. Sage started sobbing harder and leaned forward.

Dumbledore walked back down the stairs holding a wand case that had something engraved on the lid. As he came close, she could tell that the lid wrote 'Prince Jasper Of Wales' in pretty cursive. "He's too young. Merlin only knows what hell they put him through." Sage mumbled as she grasped the box tightly.

"Headmaster?" Sage asked, her voice shaking. "Yes?" He waited for her question. "Do you think he's going to make it? Do you think Jasper is going to make it?" She looked at him for his answer. "I think anything can happen if we just pray hard enough, your majesty,"

ーーー

"What happened? Sage!" Lily was the one to greet Sage as she walked into the commons room. Sage kept walking. None of the boys were there. She assumed they were all eating dinner. "You can't ignore me! I share a room with you if you don't remember!" Lily followed her. Sage stopped dead in her tracks and turned to look at Lily. "Jasper is at a hospital in London. He stuck off the grounds to get stuff from Hogsmeade and was attached by death eaters. They don't thing he's going to make it." Lily took a step back in shock.

"They went after Jasper? Why? How did they even know he was going to be there?!" Lily couldn't understand. "I don't have the answers, Lily... but god I wish I did." Sage's vision became blurry, she decided it was best that she sat by herself for awhile. "I'll talk to the boys later. Just... don't say anything about this, I need to take care of it," Sage told Lily and whipped her face. "Okay... I see you before bed." Lily walked over to Sage and pulled her into a tight hug.

"If it means anything, I think he'll make it,"