Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Aiden's POV

Ever since we left the hospital, Natalie has been quiet. She seemed to be lost in her thoughts when I asked her about lunch. Sighing, I went back to cutting up some vegetables for the salad that I was going to make tonight. It would be easier if I knew what was going on with Natalie though as she seated herself in front of the tv with Raigh-lee and stared off into space.

"Natalie?" I called as I could hear her hum a reply. "Will you please tell me what's bothering you, my love?" I questioned as the television set went quiet before Natalie peeped into the kitchen with Raigh-lee sleeping in her arms. "What's got you so quiet?" I asked on as she looked at me before looking down at Raigh-lee.

"Let me go put her down and change." Was all she said before she disappeared. It didn't take long before she was back at the archway, peering at me with my shirt on her. "I'll just wait until you're finished." She stated while taking a seat on one of the stools at the island while putting down the baby monitor. As I finished up on the carrots, I set those aside before meeting Natalie's gaze.

"What's wrong?" I questioned while grasping her hand and giving it a firm squeeze as she sighed quietly.

"Aiden, have you ever thought about what it would be like to have a baby together?" She inquired while looking up at me as I tried to figure out where she was going with this.

"We have Raigh-lee." I stated as she pursed her lips together while shaking her head.

"No. I mean yeah but she's not your blood. She would still be considered your step daughter unless you adopt her but she's still not related to you by blood." She stated as I was confused by what she was talking about. "Aiden, I'm saying how would you feel if I was pregnant with your baby? As in baby number two?" She asked while looking at me cautiously as I slowly pieced together what she had just said.

"Are you—" She nodded her head. "With baby number two? When?" I questioned, breathless and out of words.

"I haven't had a proper doctor's appointment yet but it's the same feeling I had when I found out that I was pregnant with Raigh-lee." She stated while looking down at her hands as I quietly walked around to her side before hugging her. "What are we going to do, Aiden?" She questioned while leaning into me as I kissed the top of her head.

"First, we're going to schedule you a proper appointment with a good doctor then we're going to eat some lunch and relax. Everything will be alright. We will be alright, my love. I'm not going anywhere." I stated as she sighed before wrapping her arms around my waist. "When do you want to schedule an appointment?"

"We could probably do it after Raigh-lee wakes up and eats something." She stated while burrowing her face into my shirt. "I don't want to wake her now after she just went down. Do we have enough room for another little one though?" She inquired after a pause while I rubbed down her curls.

"We have plenty of room for an army of babies. Don't you worry about it. I'll have everything ready."

[~~~]

"Good afternoon, Ms. Atkinson. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked while walking into the room with her laptop in hand. "You look a little tired. Have you been sleeping well?" She asked on while taking a seat and looking back at us.

"I'm just a little nervous about the test results, that's all." Natalie nervously smiled while squeezing my hand as I squeezed back to assure her that I'm still here. "How long will it take to get the results back?" She questioned as the doctor scrolled a little on her laptop before smiling.

"You're in luck, they just put it up." She stated while scrolling some more as Natalie waited quietly while staring the doctor down. "On here, it says that you are about three weeks pregnant. Congratulations to you both." She smiled while looking from me to Natalie. "I'm going to see if we can get a look at your little one today and get you some prenatal vitamins filled out while you're here." She informed while typing away at her laptop as Natalie leaned over and kissed my cheek. "If you have a question, just let me know."

"We're going to have a baby." I stated while kissing her as she quietly laughed. "How do you feel?" I inquired as she continued to laugh before she started crying.

"I'm so happy!" She exclaimed while wiping her tears as I held her closely while rubbing down her hair.

///////////\\\\\\\\\\////////////

Hello darlings!

I know I do this all the time but I'm sorry for the long wait on this chapter and the length on it. It could've been longer but I'm barely making it through the week.

I hope you all are doing great during this dreary weather (it could be sunny where you are).

Lastly, please read. I'm going to try to start updating on the weekends when it's "less" busy. Annnnnnnd, I might just post a new book. I don't know right now, it all depends on how the weekends are looking 👀

If you have any questions or concerns, you can message me or comment here. Either is fine.

Andrea ♥︎