Part 16

"You what?"

"I - I like little one. I mean...I think I do? I...I think about her all the time and when she smiles my...my heart hurts?" Jungkook said, frowning and touching his chest hesitantly before looking back up at Seokjin. "And...did Namjoon hyung tell you about the...the kiss?" He asked, blushing.

Seokjin nodded, crossing his arms over his chest.

"He did tell me, yes."

"Well - ever since then I can't stop thinking about doing it again," Jungkook said, looking desperately at his owner. "What do I do hyung?"

Seokjin frowned, leaning against the counter.

"I'm not sure what to tell you bun. If it's just a crush it might pass - but Namjoon would be really upset if he found out about it you know. He's becoming so protective of her." Jungkook nodded in agreement, his ears drooping. "But you said you told her? And she...ran away?" Seokjin said, raising an eyebrow.

Jungkook covered his face in embarrassment and nodded.

"She saw you guys kissing and she was upset because she has a crush on Namjoonie hyung and so I told her that I have a crush on her and she just-"

"She has a crush on Joon?" Seokjin asked, furrowing his brows.

"D-don't tell anyone I told you," Jungkook said, his eyes widening. "She knows you guys are a couple now, and I think he was just...the first man that was ever nice to her...you know?" the bunny said, hanging his head. "It isn't fair what happened to her hyung," he said, pouting.

Seokjin put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder and squeezed it.

"You're right buddy. I'm sorry to say that I won't be much help with girl problems but...if I were you I would just let it sit with her and not bring it up again, at least for a while. Alright? She knows how you feel and she needs to think about how she feels."

Jungkook nodded sadly, slipping his arms around Jin's waist and resting his chin on the man's shoulder.

"Thank you hyung. I love you."

"I love you too. Now let's get these dishes put away."

-

The next day they were sitting around the breakfast table when suddenly the fox's ear twitched and she whipped her head around, peeking through the window and gasping at what she saw. She slipped from her chair to the floor and scurried out of the room in a flash, leaving the boys to all glance at each other in confusion. Jungkook craned his head to see out the window as well, his eyes widening when he saw a man coming up the driveway.

"Hyungs, look - someone's coming." Namjoon stood slowly as there was a knock at the door. "I should-" Jungkook began, thinking he should go to little one but Namjoon just shook his head at him as he walked to the door.

"Just stay here," Seokjin whispered to the bunny, pushing his food around with his fork distractedly. Jungkook frowned but obeyed, using his large ears to listen for little one's quick heartbeat.

Namjoon opened the door to see a short man with a mustache and thick glasses. He looked as if he had never actually smiled in his life, deep lines around his mouth indicating he constantly pursed his lips in annoyance. His brown hair was thin and he was wearing a suit that didn't fit.

"Good morning - what can I do for you, sir?" Namjoon asked the man politely.

The man peered into the kitchen around Namjoon, his eyes glancing over Seokjin to spark interestedly at Jungkook at the table before turning fully onto Joon.