Before You Read

Wasted times I spent with someone else
She wasn't even half of you
...
Catchin' feelings
I ain't got no business catchin' feelings
Wasted Times - The Weeknd

<< d i s c l a i m e r >>

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

<< b l u r b >>

Raven has never been the most wanted girl or the most popular, but that doesn't stop bad boy Archer Cross from noticing her...and making it his mission to have her. He's wanted her for some time, a fact unknown to everyone around him.

Always living in her sister's shadow, she doesn't believe him. She wasn't remotely as beautiful as her sister, or so she thought. Always the brunt of fat kid jokes and pranks, she finally decided to turn that around over the summer. With her new body, everyone has changed opinions and she's positive Archer's the same way. As he pursues her heart, she resists, telling herself she can't believe him-that he's not telling the truth.

But does she actually believe that?

<< e p i g r a p h >>

"Tell me," he says, thumb and forefinger perched under my chin.

     I swallow, looking into his eyes for the longest time I think I ever have. I never noticed how his eyes were a dark grey, light flecks swimming in them.

     "Okay," I say, my voice a little raspy.

     He gives me a small smile.

     "Okay?" he asks again for assurance, leaning in.

     We're close now, close enough to where I can feel his warm breath on my cheek. My heart rate picks up, my breathing shallow.

     "Okay," I reply, almost in a whisper.

     He shifts forward slightly, our lips lightly brushing. My eyes flutter shut. A part of me thinks I should be resisting, rejecting this, but I can't fight it. It's the most frustrating, exhilarating, irritating thing I've ever felt. Archer's hand cups my cheek, his fingers splaying into my hair. It feels so good.

     I want this I realize, no time to even process what that means as my brain keeps flicking between thoughts.

     "Don't think," he whispers into my ear.

     I hesitate.

     "I-"

     His lips on mine silence the rest of my words. He sucks on my bottom lip, nibbling it until moving up to the top one. After that, he kisses both. I whimper involuntarily, the sound unfamiliar to my ears. I mean, I've kissed guys before, but goodness this boy can kiss. I've never had it feel like it is now.

     We both pull back, breathing heavy. He grins at my flustered state, not a cocky smirk, but a...happy one?

     "Think about it, little dove. I'll see you in class okay," he says, starting the walk back to his car.

     A few moments later I hear the door shut and an engine start.

     Holy butterflies...what have I gotten myself into?

Copyright © 2018 JasmineCroft_

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, redistributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of this publisher except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher.

SIDE NOTE (actually)
(Anyone get what I did? lol)
Anyways, thanks so much for
choosing to read this book! I'm really
glad and hope you like it. please click
the star if you enjoy!
Jasmine Croft xo