Chapter 19

Hey guys! The song above reminds me so much of Rose! What do you think?

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 19

       "It's not a good idea, Rosie."

       "But I miss you."

       "I miss you too, but you're out. You promised you would never try to come back-"

       "No, you told me not to. I didn't promise. Huge difference."

       "Come on, Bae." Jax said with what sounded like a tired sigh. Which I ignored. I knew I shouldn't have kept persisting, but he was the only person I would ever dare guilt-tripping. He saw every break and tear in my head, he knew how messed up I was, but he never left.

       "Your birthday is next month, it's not like they really have a say over what you do anymore." I grumbled into the cellphone as I lied on the hardwood floor of my room, my eyes tracing the ridges in the ceiling.

        "No, but I don't want you coming near me until I get out of here. You don't need to be around these people again."

       "But Jax-"

       "Seriously Rose, please don't come. I'll call you as soon as I move out of here and get my own place. I've saved up enough money for this apartment I've had my eye on, and then you can come visit me whenever you want. Okay?"

       I let out my own irritated sigh and pouted like a four-year-old. "Yeah, fine, whatever." I grumbled into the receiver which he only laughed at.

       "Love you, Bae. I'll call you again when I get the chance."

       "Love you too." I mumbled and dropped the phone to the floor when the line went dead. He was such a worry-wart.

       I laid spread eagle on the floor, my cell phone lying cold beside me and my eyes tracing the intended cracks in the ceiling. I hadn't seen him in months, nearly a whole year actually, and the fact that he didn't want to see me hurt-even though I knew why.

       Jax had been there for everything, for all the breaks, all the tears-all the screaming, crying, panicking. Everything. I wasn't sure how he did it, how he was able to always follow even when it took weeks before he finally showed up, but he did. Whenever I would ask he would only roll his eyes and laugh before saying something like "They couldn't keep us apart if they tried, Bae".

       When dad was okay again and found me, Jax had to stay behind. I was too messed up then to really notice what was going on. The therapy had just started and all I knew was that I was home again and Jax wasn't with me. It took a few solid months before I finally understood he wasn't going to be following me either.

        So I went back to the last house nearly every chance I got. It wasn't until the last check-casher found out and started threatening him that Jax made me stop visiting. He was worried I would get hurt, and I was worried I would lose the only stable person I ever had. Jax used to keep the panic away, if only for a little while. He had always kept me safe in the end. He was my best, absolute, complete friend.

       I wasn't sure how long I laid like that, my back started to ache, though I refused to move as the sky outside my window turned from orange to black. I nearly jumped when my phone's text message sound went off and I grabbed at it hastily with my heart pounding in my chest. It was the sound I had set for Rex's number.