Chapter 20

Here's today's update in this story! Hope you like it!!

Reading recommendation this week: A lovely writer, who goes by the user name Kris_Stien, here in Wattpad and in Twitter. Her story Patience not only makes us dream of Dr. Harry Styles, but takes us on a journey about living with chronic pain and medical malpractice from the patient's perspective.

Twenty

I decided to avail myself of Harry's offer of listening to my woes. He had been nothing but kind attentive towards me, besides he was bound to find out sooner or later and it was best if he heard it from me rather than form someone else.

"Hope you won't regret your offer," I declared, "It's not a short story. Is the drive to the Chateau long; or, is it better to talk once we get there?"

"We've got the time right now, Bliss, the distances in LA are long" Harry responded, "I'm all ears"

So I told him the entire tale of my failed wedding. He listened without interruption.

"So you see, Harry, I'm really pathetic," I said when I reached the end of my tale.

"Bliss, don't put yourself down like that. I won't have it." He said, "You're amazing."

And then Harry went on to add: "I must really thank that ex-fiancé of yours. Thanks to his deplorable behavior I've got you in my life now. And unlike him, I'm planning on sticking around."

We arrived at our destination. The car had stopped beside a large white wall which had a small door. I don't mean to sound like a prat but I was expecting a more impressive façade.

"We called ahead, and they opened the back entrance for us," the security person told us, climbing off the vehicle and opening the door for us. That explained it. I felt really excited. I mean you have to a bona fide celebrity to get granted access through the back door. You know, what I mean, no snickering please, that's just childish.

"Give us a minute," Harry stopped him.

The security guy closed the door and stood to the side. Waiting for Harry to signal him when we were ready to disembark.

Harry placed a hand on my shoulder and said, "Bliss, please look at me."

I had successfully avoided looking directly at Harry whilst I told my sad story. It was just mortifying. But now when he asked me to look at him, I complied.

"I don't want this talk about your ex to ruin our outing. So I prefer to say this here before we go in." he declared.

I fought a strong urge to look away. I didn't really want to listen, what if he had something awful to say? Surely that was the reason why he didn't want to talk inside the hotel. Why had I opened my big mouth? The night was ruined before we had even set a foot inside the establishment. I had Felicity, and myself, down.

"You have done nothing wrong regarding your ex-fiancé. If things didn't work out, it's no him, not on you." He said emphatically. "I do feel like I have to warn you, though."

Here we go, I thought holding my breath, he's gonna say I'm not girlfriend material.

"Check your financials, Bliss. From what you've told me, your ex likes money a little too much. He might have dipped into your shared accounts. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if the reason he ran away with that older woman is more financial than romantic."

"Her name is Julia, and she's gorgeous," I told him. "She's not much older than him, really. Imogen had Edward really young, she was seventeen. And Julia is even younger, so the age difference between them is only ten years."