The first almost-kiss

ADRIEN'S POV

The first day of the holidays, and i don't feel any buzz like everyone else, until i realise i have that store opening with Marinette. I wake up, keeping my curtains closed, and stand my bed before doing a somersault and landing on my chaise couch perfectly. Along with my Ladybug blanket, i turn on the TV and put on the news whilst i scroll through instagram.

'Last night, Adrien Agreste posted this picture with alleged girlfriend online, captioned with 'new stuff tomorrow' has been driving fans crazy with curiosity ' i snap awake as i hear Nadja Shamak say my name, 'As it has been recently announced, a brand new Gabriel Agreste store is set to open in 3 hours, where i will be recording live, as our main story today,'

I swear, i have no private life.

I put a shirt on and head down to the gym. Not the public one, the one in my house. After an hour, I go back upstairs and shower, eventhough it is freezing. I mean, i don't wanna be disgusting and have Mari think i reek.

By the time i've stepped out of the shower,i find my clothes for the day on a hanger. I put them on, an orange shirt, dark jeans and beige shoes, all of my father's brand, obviously. I mean, its free advertising for him. I pull my curtains apart, and look out of the window, only to see fog and mist everywhere.

I decide to rummage around in my wardrobe to find some sort of protection from the cold, before settling on a blue jacket with a matching hat. I get escorted to the limo, where Nathalie tells me my dad will already be inside the store when we get there. I tell the Gorilla where Marinette lives so that we can go to collect her.

Guess what the response was?

Damn right! A fucking grunt.

MARINETTE'S POV

As i eat breakfast, someone knocks on our door and i exchange glances with my parents. My mom goes and i hear a bit of mumbling, before the click of the door shutting and she returns wheeling in a rail, in which an outfit is hung onto.

'It was Mr. Agreste, this is something to wear to the store opening today,'

I take the hanger off the rail and take it to my room, abandoning my breakfast. I resist the temptation to open it until i've finished my shower in the bathroom. Whilst i blow-dry my hair and curl it a little on the ends, Tikki wakes up and thanks me for the batch of cookies i made for her.

I dress into the white top and denim shorts, aswell as the dark oversized coat. I decide to go for plain white socks and black shoes.

This looks great, but its missing an accessory.

I roam through my wardrobe, to find a yellow beanie that actually matches quite nicely. By the time i've finished my make-up and arrived downstairs, the door knocks yet again, and i open it to see Nathalie. My parents come a kiss me goodbye before i follow Nathalie into the limo. I look at Adrien, who looks at me, before we laugh.

'Not the first time we're twinning, eh?'

'Its not really twinning, its more like co-ordinating actually,' i say, flipping my hair in his face.

He chuckles, and we both chat randomly. The limosine is actually amazing. As i look around, theres a star-studded roof with little LEDs that glow softly, and a mini food dispenser thingy with candy and little glass jars of sugared almonds.

We slow down, and I look out of the window, to see a white carpet laid and people crowding behind barriers. A man looking equally as stony as Adrien's bodyguard is ensuring that they don't get too rioty.

'Oh, man!' Adrien groans, 'They're actually taking the piss with this whole 'dating' thing,'

I feel a pang of awkwardness. It's a sudden reminder that Adrien doesn't like me the way i like him. I feel my stomach churn.

'Are you okay?' he turns, looking concerned, 'you look really pale,'

'I'm good,'

'Look, we're both in this together,' he says, moving closer to me, 'I've got your back. You look amazing and i know you'll be great, okay?'

I notice his fingers interlaced with mine, and almost like a gravitational force pulling our faces together. My mind is totally freaking out as he cups my cheek, and i put my hand on his neck, our lips almost touching. I can already feel this electricity flowing through me and i feel him draw his breath as we lean in, the whole time in which i'm thinking OMG this is actually happening...

CLICK.

Adrien's bodyguard opens the door and raises his eyebrows as Adrien quickly pulls away and mumbles, 'fuck!'

I can't help but think the same, but i shove it to the back of the mind as we step out into blinding flashes.

I can't see a thing, but i can sense Adrien besides me and i smile, trying to follow the 'Marinetta, to ze right pleaze!' and other voices yelling at me so that they can get a good enough picture.

Oh boy. i'm going to be blind by the end of this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if i've made any weird typos, i'm british so we spell a little differently on some words. This chapter is a bit short, but i promise i will make it up to you.Thank you all for 2k, i love reading through comments to see your reactions so feel free to comment whatever comes to your head.

Bug out!