10:

recap:

"I'll come see you later," he whispers softly before walking back over to his squad.

10:

It's finally lunch - and I can finally talk to Petra about Levi. It's been playing on my mind since Levi told me he'd come and see me tonight. It's not fair on her, doing this behind her back. She wouldn't do it to me, and I certainly wouldn't do it to her.

"(Y/N)! I can't believe you got benched! Commander Erwin is well out of line," Petra whisper-shouts as she sits down in front of me at the mess hall. I giggle at her while I quietly munch on my food.

"Sooooo, out of line," I roll my eyes and smile.

"It's not a joke, (Y/N), he shouldn't of done that," she pouts.

"Shouldn't have, you mean?"

"Poh-tae-toe, Poh-tah-toe," she sighs.

"DID SOMEONE SAY POTATO?" we hear a shriek.

We whip around and see a red-head girl with wide eyes, staring at our plates; searching for a potato, I presume. Next to her stands young buzzcut, looking at her shocked.

"Ouh, Connie," I wave at him. He grins and waves back, walking to sit next to me.

"Sorry about Sasha," he smiles and scratches the back of his head. "She has an unhealthy obsession with potatoes."

"Damn, tell her to calm down, we don't have potatoes," Petra sighs sadly.

"YOU'RE THE ONE THAT SAID THE P WORD!" Sasha shouts from behind us.

"It's her trigger word," Connie explains nonchalantly.

"Ah, I see," I nod.

"Anyway, I want to apologise for earlier," Connie starts. "Corporal really killed the mood," he sighs.

"Huh? Oh, no it's all good. Just you coming over for a bit made me feel better," I smile.

"O-oh, cool," Connie blushes.

Petra clears her throat and we both look over at her.

"Potato girl looks like she's waiting for you, Connie," she nods towards Sasha. We turn around and see her drooling, obviously waiting to eat.

"Ah I see, well, talk to you later (Y/N)!" he stands up.

"Sure, sure!" I wave and turn back to Petra.

She, of course, starts wiggling her eyebrows.

"What," I deadpan.

"Connie, ay? You have... weird taste," she giggles.

"There's nothing between me and Connie," I tell her.

"That's right," I hear a voice behind me say. I look around to see Levi walking past us and out the door, inputting in our conversation without even looking at us.

"What's that about...?" Petra asks me. I turn back to her and swallow.

"You know the thing I was going to tell you earlier?"

"Yeah...?" she trails off and stops eating.

Rip off the bandaid, rip off the bandaid-

"I'm starting to like Levi..." I cough.

"EH?!" she shouts.

The hall goes silent and I just clear my throat.

"I just thought I should tell you," I look down and avoid eye contact.

"If anything happens between you guys, I'm happy for you, (Y/N)," she smiles gently at me.

I meet her eyes and whisper a thank you.

*TIME SKIP*

This place is spotless.

I'm standing in Levi's house - well - mine now, I guess, and it's basically sparkling.

How does he do it? I should keep this place clean.

Who am I kidding? The boxes of my stuff have already formed rings of dust around them. I physically cringe at the difference.

The door leads to a large living area with two full length sofas, a large kitchen and a circular dining table. This might actually be one of the best decisions I've ever made - or best decision anyone has ever forced me to make.

Now, unboxing my stuff takes a lot of effort. So, screw it, I'm moving them into the bedroom and that's it. I pick up both of my boxes at the same time and regret my decision immediately. Okay.

Okay.

C'mon (Y/N), you know how to walk.

I take a step forward and my back clicks. This is why you shouldn't take a break for months - this has been a PSA.

I walk a few more steps and then suddenly the door bursts open. I jump and end up dropping everything, falling along with it. I hit the floor and groan, rubbing my head and propping myself up with my elbow.

"Tch, clumsy brat."

I look up and see Levi walk through the door. I go to stand up and meet him but end up falling back, twisting my ankle in the process.

"Tch," Levi says, walking over and kneeling down next to me.

"I'm fine, really," I tell him, brushing him away. He stares at me and stands up. I pull myself up on my own, stumbling on the way, and turn around to look at the boxes on the floor. I sigh and groan realising I've made more work for myself.

I feel arms wrap around my waist and I stiffen up.

"What's going on with you and that damn brat?" Levi says harshly.

"Eh? Who?"

"Connie Springer," he says, almost spitting his name in disgust.

"What do you mean," I laugh. I feel his arms tighten around me. "I met him today and he cheered me up, there's nothing more to it," I say shyly.

His arms relax, and he rests his head on my shoulder.

"U-uh Levi," I stutter.

He hums in acknowledgement.

"What are you doing...?"

"Just shut up, brat."

I feel him reposition himself and snuggle into me further. I feel the warmth from his body and it causes me to smile. My smile turns into a grin, and my grin turns into a giggle.

"Tch, what is it now?"

"You're kinda cute," I giggle and place my hands over his.

He coughs and stands back. I turn around to face him and look at him confused. He stands back and puts his hands in his pockets.

"It's late, I should go," he shuffles.

"Why so suddenly?" I ask.

"It's late, (Y/N)."

"Yeah, you said that already," I frown.

"A man and a woman who have some feelings for each other shouldn't be alone and secluded at night," he says quickly, swiftly walking out before I could say anything more.

Cute.

lia x