Space Cadet (Tsundere!Gavin x Shy!Reader)

Synopsis: You were close to Gavin from the days when you had both been working to become Police Officers. Over time, you became separated. One day however, you are given a job at the Detroit City Police Department, and are reunited with your old friend. Could this only be friendship, or could it lead to something more?

Tsundere!Gavin x Shy!Reader (Requested by Lubielch)

Word Count: 3439

---

You were taking the bullet train to work as you always did. You gazed out the window absentmindedly, watching the buildings of Washington fly past. You enjoyed your job, but at the same time, you wished you could stay there forever.

The truth was, you had always wanted to be a police officer. Since you were a child, you wanted to help people, save lives, maybe even become a hero. But you were shy. Younger you didn't even consider the prospect of how many people you would have to speak to in your line of work. In fact, you may not have even been brave enough to take the first step in your studies, if it weren't for 'him'. You smiled, thinking of the face of your old friend. Just the thought of him made you feel more confident, ready to face the day.

---

You were determined to make that day a good day. However, you were startled to be stopped first thing in the morning by your boss.

"Miss [L/N]. Could you meet me in my office?"

"Y-Yes sir... of course..." You looked down, unable to meet his eyes. Your mind raced with the worst case scenarios. You were sure you were about to be fired. This was the only job you had. You weren't sure you would be able to easily find another one, especially in difficult times like this, what with androids taking over jobs.

You paced flustered, outside your manager's office, until he finally called you in for your verdict.

"Please take a seat."

You sat down, wringing your hands together nervously.

"Miss [L/N]."

"Ah, yes?!"

The manager was smiling at you.

"First of all, I want to commend you on your diligent work these past few weeks. You've been given some difficult cases, yet you've completed each one efficiently."

Your mouth hung open in shock. You quickly closed it, trying to keep your composure. "Thank you sir."

Your manager flicked through some files on his desk. His face fell slightly. "I'm certain you have heard of the recent increase of deviant cases in the Detroit region."

"Yes sir, I have."

"Well, I have been in contact with Captain Jeffrey Fowler of the Detroit City Police Department," Your boss continued, "He asked if I could sent one of my best officers to assist with solving the deviant cases." He finally raised his gaze to look at you. "I thought you might be up for the job."

"I-I..." You were at a loss for words for a moment. "A-Are you sure? I-I mean, surely one of the senior officers would be better suited for a task like this."

"You used to do android studies in your coursework, didn't you?" He passed you a file over the desk. You took it from him cautiously. "I believe this task would be perfect for you."

You looked over the document. It was a file stating your job, the tasks you may have to fulfill, and what was required of you. You would be given fully paid transport and accommodation in Detroit until you had finished what was required of you. Considering how short you were on money at the time, and how it had been so long since you traveled, you made your decision.