2.10

Misha foot touched the rooftop of the assassin building just as the sun slipped below the horizon. His following foot was about to land on the roof as well but a solid force pushed him back towards the edge.

(I'm going to fall AGAIN!)

Luckily the force that also bowled him over was kind enough to hold him back before he toppled over.

Al: "You dare still come back after taking so long on a simple mission. A disciple of mine isn't so weak! You need to train more before going on a proper mission!"

Misha felt a sweat drop running across his brow. He didn't expect Al to be so angry and when he got back. He knew he was late just for a simple pick up but missions were fraught with danger at every turn. He felt he didn't deserve the anger directed at him.

[Misha, he's angry because he was worried about you.]

(If he's worried then shouldn't he be relieved and happy to see me rather than angry? He wasn't worried.)

[In theory that would be the logical answer but humans aren't rational or logical. They are ruled by their emotions, morals and perspective. Anger is a common coping mechanism to his anxiety due to the hyper vigilance of your unforeseen safety.]

Misha: "That's stupid."

Al: "What was that? Care to say it again?"

(Shit! I said that out loud!)

Misha: "I said...tttthat's stupid...to think I wouldn't be able to do a simple mission. The reason I'm late is because another assassin was holding me up. But I stuck to what you taught me and everything was under control. Trust in my training."

Al let out a deep breath that seemed to hold all of his anger.

Al: "Well I did train you to be the best. I wasn't kidding about the training though. You'd best be prepared. You are dismissed."

(Thanks for the save, Wyatt.)

[Anytime.]

True to his word Al set a punishing training regime from hell. Every time he went back to his room to rest, he would fall asleep before he could properly lay on the bed. Wyatt was able to manipulate a small amount to static electricity to move the blanket over Misha so he wouldn't catch a cold. A small remnant of Misha's electrical power in the previous world. Wyatt would then continuously scan the surroundings for danger. He knew he couldn't protect Misha all the time nor overly coddle him but he would at least make sure he would be able to sleep soundly while he dreamed.

Unfortunately Misha was not having a blissful sleep that night. The world beneath his feet was rocking in an unsteady matter and his vision was blurred. Lightning snaked from one dark cloud to another providing the only illumination in the treacherous night. He did his best to hold onto a warm mass next to him as winds threatened to topple him if he dared to stand. He would rather not move but his dreams didn't seem to get the idea. His body unwillingly moving inch by inch as he lowered his head to avoid the pelting rain from damaging his eyes. Maniacal laughter echoed around him, the madness was unsettling and felt as if it would infect anyone who heard it. A familiar dread and fear smashed into his stomach and his heart raced. He tried to run away from the sound but it seemed that was the direction his body was moving towards. The only saving grace was the warm mass next to him seemed to know his fear and moved protectively in front.

Misha tried to look at who or what was trying to protect him but he could barely keep his eyes open long enough for his eyes to adjust. As he struggled to see clearly, the mad laughter rang right next to his ear. Startled he looked away from the warm mass to see a skeletal hand reaching for him. The mad laughter changed to a psychotic roar.

***: "MISHA!!!!"

Misha tried to back away but a cloth wall appeared behind him blocking his retreat. He try his hands up to protect his face but it seemed the hand turned into two and grabbed his shoulders. They shook him with force while screaming his name.

Misha: "No!"

"Misha!"

Misha: "No! Get away!"

"Misha wake up! You're having a nightmare! WAKE UP!"

Misha's eyes shot open and pushed the figure still shaking him away. He extended his hand towards the figure's heart.

(Lightning!)

Incredibly a small spark came out but not the fatal dose he was hoping for.

(Tch!)

He reached for the butt of the gun he felt pressed against his side and aimed where his hand was just at. Unfortunately he didn't get a chance to pull the trigger.

[Misha! It's okay! You're okay!]

Misha froze, his arm still outstretched with the gun about to go off.

Misha: "Ha...ha..."

Misha was breathing hard, his body shaking but his hand was steady. He stopped for Wyatt but that didn't mean he still wouldn't shoot if that monster was still in front of him.

Al: "Feeling better now?"

Misha: "??? Um, yeah. I'm good."

Misha exhaled a breath of relief but it came out shaky. He lowered his gun and put it back underneath the pillow. The feeling of dread and fear was stuck to him, he felt weak and unwell.

----------------------------------------------------

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author