Chapter 58, Shoot to kill

I follow Xavier up the stairs to get to his room

I follow Xavier up the stairs to get to his room. A year ago I was forced to go there while people were dying downstairs. A year ago Xavier asked me to marry him. And I almost said yes.

I wonder what life would've been like if I said yes that day. Lots of people wouldn't have died. I would probably have slowly learnt about Xavier's good intentions. 

Jane would jump in before the wedding.

"Oh fuck," I yelp out when I trip over the dress and fall right when I get on top of the stairs. 

I blame the smoke machines and cobwebs. When I look up from my kneeling position, an angry pumpkin is staring at me. Damn, I thought that kiss a minute ago made me sober again. Guess I still have a bit more alcohol to work out of my system.

Xavier turns around and starts laughing at me. 

"Shut up," I mumble and get myself composed before following Xavier to his room. He can't keep in the chuckles and I'm not sure if I can keep my fist from breaking his pretty jaw.

Not now, I order my fist.

For the love of food, Amber, why are you talking to your fist?

"So, this is my room - which you already know," Xavier says and gestures for me to walk in first like a gentlemen. It's hard to take him seriously while he's in a dress. Sure, he used the sleeves to tie around his waist and turn it into a skirt. Sure, he got rid of the wig. Sure, it's pretty clear he works out... But he's in a dress all the same.

I chortle when I walk past him.

It's pretty weird seeing the room so normal while the rest of the house is still in it's Halloween theme.

"What's that for?" Xavier asks while walking in after me. He closes the door.

Ooooooooh, he closed the door, a part of me giggles.

Shut up.

I wonder how big his vinyls are, that same part of me smirks.

Control yourself, I grumble and resort to pinching my arm. "Ouch!" I yelp when I realize I have a pretty hard pincher on me.