Chapter 62, In safety

Soft, thick material

Soft, thick material. That's the first thing I notice when waking up. The second thing is that I'm insanely hungry and thirsty.

Suddenly, I sit up and inspect my surroundings.

I'm in a small, basic bedroom with a nice sized bed, an open window and rich-wooden furniture. There's a closet across from me, a desk next to that and notably lively looking yellow curtains. I look down and my bed is a nice shade of creamy white with a yellow throw and matching pillows.

Somehow, I sort of expect to see Xavier. 

But I don't. 

I look around some more and take the note that's on my bedside table. "It's your birthday in three days. Not allowed to leave until you open your present," I read out loud.

I feel my heart flutter. I've been out for a while. But... If I'm safe and it's already so close to my birthday, it means Xavier's plan worked. It actually worked! Or maybe this is like a death dream or something?  I pinch myself to check.

"Oof!" I yelp. Definitely awake. 

I get up, wobble a little, and notice I'm in light sleepwear. It's still appropriate, so I head for the door - too excited to see Xavier to care about my appearance.

I open the door and look around. There's another room to my right and a set of stairs to my left. Too curious, I go to the room. It's a small art studio. Nothing fancy, but the paints Xavier got me is in there as well as two easels and plenty of canvases. I smile.

Determined to move on, I leave the room and descend the stairs. A small living area is the first thing I see and then a kitchen. The rich-wood theme is followed throughout the small house and lots of plants line the shelves and corners of the place. I smile at the reading nook by the living room - even more when the Harry Potter series is waiting on a shelf right by it. I look around more and go to smell the bluebell flowers on the tiny dining table in front of a window. I remember seeing these purple-blue flowers in the North of Tygerwell - in the forest leading to Isabella. I look around more. There's a lot of natural light coming in.