Chapter Thirty-Nine | Second World

[ 39 | Second World ]

Hisaya was confirming the booking for his first televised interview when Yoshiaki knocked on his office door and walked in. Again, he was being meticulous about which company he would use and most importantly, which broadcasters he would pledge his loyalty. Most were being paid-off by larger businesses, which wasn't anything new. That didn't interest him. What did, was the sectors that were taking Kazuki Hiromasa's money. Hisaya intended to make it blatantly obvious that he was aware of their dealings, and had no intention of allowing any business working for that Alpha to get anywhere near him.

Right now, his tactic was that of pushing these major media companies. He would continue to act unpredictably, actions that journalists thrived off of. He wanted to make himself look irresistible to them, especially to those companies who he refused to give attention to. By locking them out, by him openly declaring his loyalty to these companies' rivals, then perhaps they will be willing to turn their backs on Kazuki Hiromasa. It didn't need to be for good, nor to freeze him out completely.

No, Hisaya just needed an inch of their fidelity. He hoped, with that, their lips will loosen.

"Sir, I have some bad news." Yoshiaki broached as he then slid a newspaper on Hisaya's desk. The calm Omegas expression didn't change as he read the bold headline. There were even a few pictures alongside. Identities had been pixelated because of the possibility of an investigation.

The headline was of what Hisaya had had to deal with a day prior. He had to praise The Pantheon for their efficiency.

All the people who were on the list that he had given to Yoshiaki, had their faces plastered across the front page of the newspaper. The beta hadn't questioned his sources for the information he had given him, and removed the spies from the company-building almost immediately. He did it so fast that the stricken individuals had no time to retrieve their belongings.

The only thing Hisaya had a hand in, was to say for Yoshiaki to throw them out the front entrance, when he had intended to toss them out the back.

"We may still have a spy in the company." The beta explained, thinking of no other possibility of how the information had been leaked. So the boss decided to help him out, he rested his chin on his hand, staring at the beta, and cocked it slightly to the side.

"You have no idea how it could have been spread? You can't suspect anyone?" Hisaya was enjoying himself a little too much. But he couldn't stop smirking. The other mans expressions were just too funny. Like watching the older man cotton-on to the situation, and his mouth open and close a few times.

"You were the one that told them, sir."

"Corr-ect!" He leant forward and grabbed the newspaper and scanned it over. He had already read the article, right when it had finished being written. But it was nice to see how well it had turned out. "Have you read it yet Kenta?"

"Yes sir, I think the journalist has quite a vivid imagination. There are a few things in there that...seem merely conspiracy."

Hisaya agreed, "That's why it's perfect. The more outrageous the better. Because then people remember it. They will remember the negative stories about the person they idolise. Add to that, the slither of doubt they felt when many suspected their idol of foul-play after my accident. Kenta, we're no fools, and we know Hiromasa isn't innocent. The man is guilty, and this is just planting the seed."

The newspaper article, alongside the pixelated images of the group of people leaving his building, was a surplus of words that were, without naming names, putting the blame on the larger companies that put spies in his business for the intention of keeping him quiet. It goes on to mention that perhaps these companies are the ones who have been most vocal about their support of Omega-Rights. There's mention of Omega culling, and many other dramatic propaganda.